Breeding Thersphosa stirmi male with a Therephosa Apophysis Female

Unchain

Arachnopeon
I was wondering since they are the same genus and would have the same care ,,,,,Would a successful breeding between a Stirmi and a Apophysis work well ,,,,,,,?????

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Never try that under any circumstances!!! You would be ruining our collective efforts to preserve these species as they are!!!

Hybrids are a bane. A tragedy. A dread.

Unchain

Arachnopeon
Never try that under any circumstances!!! You would be ruining our collective efforts to preserve these species as they are!!!

Hybrids are a bane. A tragedy. A dread.
If i choose to go that route ,,, they are not for sale ,,, just for my own educational experiences

Never do that and never create hybrids. They are very controversial and should be avoided at all costs.
I see i have read a good report about that ,,, And the issue is huge ,, and many people have sort out to do that ,,,,,, with many different other species and there were many unhappy people. ,,,,, Those people sold the Hybrids ,,, I will not do that ' ,,,, well i'm just gonna keep them pure then. ,,, If i were to do that ,,, I will not sell any of them ,,, it is for my own experiences of species education.

Don't breed them. Give special attention to post #8 in the thread below, it is informative on hybrization and its issues.
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-hybrids-hypothetical-question.329116/ post
Interesting reports

If i choose to go that route ,,, they are not for sale ,,, just for my own educational experiences
Don't worry I will not do it .... I have found many unhappy reports on that certain issue.

Don't worry I will not breed the situations

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Why would you even ask this question?
People aren’t born knowing everything. It’s better that OP asks here and decides against it instead of doing it.
Don't worry I will not do it .... I have found many unhappy reports on that certain issue.

Don't worry I will not breed the situations
Not sure why people are disagreeing and sad reacting this comment.

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
I understand the curiosity, but please don't do that. If any of them got into the hobby, it would be very bad for all of us.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
hybridization can mess with the pure genetics of species, genus.... and if sold / released into the hobby, as others say permanently alter them

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
People aren’t born knowing everything. It’s better that OP asks here and decides against it instead of doing it.

Not sure why people are disagreeing and sad reacting this comment.
What is the OP going to do with several hundred hybrid slings? Might some go to friends? Might some end up in the hobby accidentally?
If the OP never hybridizes these spiders there is zero chance these hybrids would be released into the hobby. Prevention is the cure.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
What is the OP going to do with several hundred hybrid slings? Might some go to friends? Might some end up in the hobby accidentally?
If the OP never hybridizes these spiders there is zero chance these hybrids would be released into the hobby. Prevention is the cure.
Then why are people disliking the post where he says he’s not going go hybridize?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I'm not sure. I think a better question to ask is why is hybridization ever mentioned at all, ever?
Because people don’t know better. Some people think of them akin to breeds of dog and hybridization is pretty common in the reptile hobby as well. Both of species and subspecies. Super balls, many boa morphs, jungle corns, super dwarf retics, aren’t frowned upon the way hybridizing spiders are by the community at large.
PS I’m not defending hybridization, and I get that OP could have used the search function. But the bottom line is he asked on this site, everyone said not to, and he said he wouldn’t. And I think that’s a good thing