Breeding T. ockerti

Enki40

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have any info on breeding T. ockerti? It would be greatly appreciated....

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Well, I was going to recommend the Breeding Reports forum . . . . but I looked there and it would seem that there aren't any for this species. So, I'll now watch this thread with interest and see if you can find someone :D

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, very under informed species.

not much out there at all. which is odd since they are awesome!.

I tried to pair my female with a male. I am not sure if it took, but she is huge. she ate him after 1 week of living together.

other than that. good luck!

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have produced these twice, they are not a popular species online, at expos, or at local pet stores. Co habitation is what I suggest. One time the female ate the male and the other time he lived 2 months with her before removal. Humidity about 75%. Put a coconut right side up in the corner of the tank to allow for a semi arboreal option for the spider. I kept them at 83° with no drop in temperature at any time.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cody, do you have the tank set up as an arboreal?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ yeah I do. When I first got her, I didnt realise these were arboreal. Ms. X informed me they needed to be arboreal. Though the person I got her from said she was raised from sling as a terrestrial.

As soon as I gave her the option to climb she never touched the substrate again.

Kinda crazy seeing a G. rosea built spider maneuver the branches the way they do.

My biggest problem in trying to pair this species was the fact they are SUPER skittish. It was to the point that when the male would drum the female would freak out and kick hairs...then that got the male freaking out...so he started kicking. That led to them both being i opposite sides of the enclosure.

I never witnessed any insertions, but She ate the male, and is now pretty swollen. Though I am not sure if thats from being gravid or not.

Enki40

Arachnopeon
I have produced these twice, they are not a popular species online, at expos, or at local pet stores. Co habitation is what I suggest. One time the female ate the male and the other time he lived 2 months with her before removal. Humidity about 75%. Put a coconut right side up in the corner of the tank to allow for a semi arboreal option for the spider. I kept them at 83° with no drop in temperature at any time.
Thanx for the info... I have both the male & female set up in separate semi arboreal enclosures.