Breeding RCF with NCF G rosea's

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey

I had been thinking about this for awhile and was wondering..
If you bred a Red Color Form G rosea with a Normal color G rosea, would the baby's come out "Het" for RCF? Like how people Breed snake color morphs and such. Or is it even possible to make a new color of them with different colored G rosea's? (not trying to make a dumb question or anything, just somthing i've always wondered)

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Hey

If you bred a Red Color Form G rosea with a Normal color G rosea, would the baby's come out "Het" for RCF? Like how people Breed snake color morphs and such. Or is it even possible to make a new color of them with different colored G rosea's? (not trying to make a dumb question or anything, just somthing i've always wondered)
i dont know but that would be a cool idea

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I have 4 slings from a Normal & Red phase breeding. They are beautiful.

I started a thread on them about a month or 2 ago. Pics are posted if you'd like to see what they look like.

Don't know how to link it on here. Search Grammostola Rosea Hybrid? Zman181

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I was wondering that myself . I bought a pair of NCF so my girlfriend could try her hand at breeding . The seller threw in an extra male as a freebie ( thanks snakecollector :D ) . I paired the bigger male and female successfully so now I have an extra male . I got thinking about my female RCF and it made me wonder . But my question wasn't what color would the babies turn out to be . Instead I wondered if that would considered hybridizing . It isn't the same as crossing different species but RCF and NCF aren't the same thing . To be honest my female RCF isn't quite breed size yet so my question is purely hypothetical .

Zman181

Arachnoknight
Thanks. I am very happy with them :) Have been feeding very well for me for the past 2 weeks. The high pink one is now Even Pinker (lol) don't know of any other way to describe it.

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was wondering that myself . I bought a pair of NCF so my girlfriend could try her hand at breeding . The seller threw in an extra male as a freebie ( thanks snakecollector :D ) . I paired the bigger male and female successfully so now I have an extra male . I got thinking about my female RCF and it made me wonder . But my question wasn't what color would the babies turn out to be . Instead I wondered if that would considered hybridizing . It isn't the same as crossing different species but RCF and NCF aren't the same thing . To be honest my female RCF isn't quite breed size yet so my question is purely hypothetical .
Yeah man thats what i've been thinking. Not only are there Red color forms but also Orange and who knows what else. It would take alot of time but it would be crazy to see what all they could produce from different colored Rosie's. It could give them a spin on peoples perspective's on them.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I read somewhere "idk where" That when G. rosea lay a sac they can have both NCF and RCF mixed up in one sac. :? I dont know if thats because ones a RCF and the other NCF. I thought it was a normal variation even if you have 2 NCF G. rosea. But i dont remember where i read that so dont quote me. Anyone heard this before? :?

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i thought the RCF and the GCF were different species rather than regional color forms or just color variations. (cala and rosea...or something like that, i dont remember) :?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
page 338 in the Tarantula keepers guide. It states that all of the several color forms were found in a single sac. So thats why its a color form. ;P LOL ;)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm glad someone asked this again. Back when I asked, nobody wanted to give me an answer and everyone just said check breeding reports for the answer, but there is nothing in there about it. So thanks for asking OP, this thread has gave me some more info.

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not sure how to answer the question. But I do know that snake color morphs are completely different that spider color morphs. Which is why you don't see any of those ridiculous hypo, caramel, super stripe, double chocolate, albino ghost doodley doo's when it comes to tarantulas. But one thing I've always wondered about is if all 3 color forms of G. rosea can theoretically be found in one sac, how is it that a dealer can sell a normal color sling and a "RCF" sling separately and at different prices. Wouldn't it be impossible to tell which is which until they are adults? Or is it that a male and female RCF always have 100% RCF offspring? As far as breeding the two colors together I wouldn't expect to get a new color from it or anything, but it would be interesting to see the outcome. Of course that would take years.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Hey

You would likely get both and some that look in-between.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Normal, red for. and copper ones. I also saw once an albino rosie, but they are extremly rare. it can happen from time to time with other d.species to get difrent color, like green a. metallica or black p. metallica for example.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Normal, red for. and copper ones. I also saw once an albino rosie, but they are extremly rare. it can happen from time to time with other d.species to get difrent color, like green a. metallica or black p. metallica for example.
Um... I've seen people ask about albino's before - but other people here state that you can't have an albino T - because albinoism is lack of pigment and T's don't get their color from pigment but how the light reflects/refracts (?) off thier body...

In the meantime I wondered because I jsut had a juvie "normal" molt and he/she always seems way more pink then the other "normal" I have - I just moved 2 days after he molted and when I was carring him to the new house I was shocked at how beautiful he looked. I'll try to get a picture but I don't know where my card thing to transfer pics to the computer is at the momment.

- Sharon