Breeding questions advice needed

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Breeding questions
I am going to start a few breeding projects pretty soon and I have a few questions. I have bred Red legs before, but had no successful penetration. Plenty of drumming from the male but the female was non responsive. He would even pet her , but she would raise up in defensive posture and he would race off.
My adult females that seem ready are my Red Leg, Red knee, Costa Rican Tiger rump, Rose Hair and Versicolor. I have many other females arboreal and terrestrial. I also love raising slings.

How do you tell when a female is ready for breeding?

Best way to introduce a male tarantula to a female?

When should I buy males for my lovely ladies?

How long should I leave them together?

How many times should I put them together?

Should the feeding schedule change any during breeding sessions?

Do they need to be misted during this process? I have heard that mature males dry out quicker. Is that true?

What are some of the warning signs of females wanting to eat her mate?

What is the best process for success?

Any one have a step by step breeding guide? I know this is not a like changing a tire any number of things can happen. I would just like to know some successful techniques.

All information is greatly accepted I know needs from the different Tarantulas species can differ? I have read almost ever thread on the breeding forums but I would like to have all the answers here. I have read many books on the subject but would love some professional breeding advice from ya’ll. If this post is in the wrong thread feel free to change it .

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
The best answer to ALL of your questions is to buy "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stan & Marguerite Schultz.

ALL hobbyists should purchase and read this book before owning Ts, and it's a must if you wish to consider breeding.

I've seen copies of it on E-bay if you can't find it in your area. Also, some of the larger book store chains will be glad to order it for you.

Good luck!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best answer to ALL of your questions is to buy "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Stan & Marguerite Schultz.

ALL hobbyists should purchase and read this book before owning Ts, and it's a must if you wish to consider breeding.

I've seen copies of it on E-bay if you can't find it in your area. Also, some of the larger book store chains will be glad to order it for you.

Good luck!
I forgot I had this book so I went and got it right now lol...I haven't seen this book and soo long it looks like it shrunk lol....*dusts off the book* and gets to reading.