Breeding question Male T Blondi.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have an 8-9" male T Blondi. He molted about 5 months ago but I just couldn't part with him to send him off for breeding. He still seems chipper enough and eats 2 large crickets every 2 days plus he spends a lot of time trying to climb out of his aquarium. He has kicked off a lot of hairs on each side of his abdomen but other than that looks normal.
Is it still possible he may be a candidate for sending out for breeding? He is a CB spider.:confused:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh yeah, if he only matured 5 months ago, he should still be very viable for a breeding loan. Just set up an add in the classifieds section and hopefully someone has a female that can put him to use. Good luck.

Edit: After reading your post again, is he mature or not?

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep he is Penultimate male, boxing gloves, hooks and all. Thanks Novak!;)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep he is Penultimate male, boxing gloves, hooks and all. Thanks Novak!;)
Oh yup, well then like I said earlier he should still be able to mate and produce. No problem and good luck!

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thats what I heard...They didnt get the bloxing gloves or the hooks...:?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats what I heard...They didnt get the bloxing gloves or the hooks...:?
Ok well Im not sure about the hooks, but every mature male has to have the "boxing gloves" thats what they use to actual insert the sperm.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The 3rd joint of the front legs appear thickened so it looks like there is a transformation that happens with the final molt. This is just on the 2 frontmost legs.The "boxing gloves" are really obvious and being brown truly look like gloves.

My camera battery needs charging I will post later

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think T. blondi's had tibial spurs or hooks.
:?
you are correct they dont!!!!

talk to ryan he has a gorgeous 10" male he is going to be breeding..he posted pics as well.......

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi mature males do NOT have tibial hooks EVER. If you have a giant male that appears to be a T. blondi with hokks, then you have a T. apophysis.