Breeding Projects

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi I was just wondering how many people are on a breeding project for Ts and what you're breeding right now.
Just curious because I was thinking of starting one my own with one of my Ts

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A.versi
A.avic
G.rosea
B.albo
P.irm (very soon)
H.gigas (very soon)

what are you thinking of breeding?

peace
dave

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi

Thank's for your reply
I thinking of Breeding my P. irminia
also. She was my first T and my friend has a male that looks ready
doing sperm webs and all.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the near future i plan to breed, (i'm using common names because i will most likely spell scientific ones wrong, i'm a HORRIBLE speller :) )

- Greenbottle blue
- Usumbara (How fun will that be? I'm sure they will run away from me... but as long as they get the "deed" done, it's all worth it :) )

Mike

Last edited:

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, i'd been pondering breeding some adult curly hairs. basically, they're the only adult Ts i'm willing to pay for...the others are just too expensive. (grin)

however, it was only a thought. might not end up doing it. however, i have two slings now and i LOVE the little guys. :)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
G.rosea
A.avicularia
C.fasciatum
A.hentzi
A.seemanni
and I've got a mature female "Carlsbad Green" if anyone finds a mature/soon to mature male while they are collecting during the conference. She recently molted and is open to the idea :D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
G rosea male should be arriving for me next week :)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
In the near future i plan to breed, (i'm using common names because i will most likely spell scientific ones wrong, i'm a HORRIBLE speller :) )

- Greembottle blue
- Usumbara (How fun will that be? I'm sure they will run away from me... but as long as they get the "deed" done, it's all worth it :) )

Mike
In Tarantulas and Other Arachnids, Sam Marshall says that if you plan on trying to breed a T in captivity he defies the reader to fail to successfully breed Usumaras.

I'm thinking about trying to breed some Avic. avic. as my first attempt. I have a male that just molted out last week to a mature state. I'm going to look for a female in the next few weeks at the shop I goto. I'm interested in the experience of doing it and seeing the process first hand.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
avic mating?

its fun-- just a blur of black, red and tons of leg waving.. and then before you even know it, he's bolting out of there... =D

at least that's my experience!

good luck!
peace
dave

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
currently, I have my ever lasting cohabitating G rosea...who have been living together for months.
I have a male C cyaneopubescens coming this week for my females, and I'm looking for:
B vagans male
H maculata male
A urticans male

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. fasciatum
G. aureostriatum
G. rosea
C. exilicauda (scorps) I have a m/f pair cohabitating in hopes some offspring will result.

Atrax

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Gary, have the C fasciatum mated yet, or are you still fattening up your girl?