Breeding Problem :( Help

taranalot

Arachnopeon
Ever since my golden knee has matured he only mated my 6 inch female once and it was really quick and for that to happen it tooked like months for him to mate and right now still whenever i pair them up the male would run everytime the female goes neear him and same goes my female whenever my male goes near her
\

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It doesn't take long for them to do their thing. Once she has what she needs from him she will be less tolerant of him being nearby. I would say you're pairing is good and not keep trying to mate them again.

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Unsure about golden knees but arent females more likely to mate after a moult?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Unsure about golden knees but arent females more likely to mate after a moult?
Most people mate them right after a molt to give them more time to produce a sack before the next molt comes up. They lose the males sperm when they molt.

It is my understanding that they can mate at anytime as in nature they will not always cross after the female has molted. You just limit the time she has to produce a sack.

cold blood

Staff member
You paired the first time and said it was quick...but failed to say whether there were insertions.

Now you pair and he runs...sounds exactly what happens after successful breeding....she's no longer interested, and he knows it. I think he got it done the first time.

taranalot

Arachnopeon
You paired the first time and said it was quick...but failed to say whether there were insertions.

Now you pair and he runs...sounds exactly what happens after successful breeding....she's no longer interested, and he knows it. I think he got it done the first time.
Thanks!! I tried to pair them up again. They breed again and it was really quick. Like 9 seconds. I didnt see the males pedipapls inserting something. So i guess i have to wait. Right now my female isnt eating as hard as she is eating before. But i cant say shes going premolt because she just molted like 3 months ago

taranalot

Arachnopeon
T
It doesn't take long for them to do their thing. Once she has what she needs from him she will be less tolerant of him being nearby. I would say you're pairing is good and not keep trying to mate them again.
Thanks!! Helped alot

cold blood

Staff member
I would stop pairing them. The act of insertion can indeed be very quick, and we can't always see it.