Breeding N. incei colour forms.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I know. But the cause of it is the same. Lots of people in other hobbies are picky about these "mudbloods!"
The difference is when you pair them you get the SAME two colors again and again. It's not like when you mix a B.albopilosum "Nicaragua" and a B.albopilosum "Hobby" together and you get muted characteristics in between that looks different from either of the parents. This is likely because there is only one or two genes that control the Gold or Olive color. And that gene mix is pretty prevalent throughout the species population.

Like with people and eye color. When a parent has blue eyes and one has brown you don't get a muddy brown/blue eye color. You usually get brown but you could get blue.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
The difference is when you pair them you get the SAME two colors again and again. It's not like when you mix a B.albopilosum "Nicaragua" and a B.albopilosum "Hobby" together and you get muted characteristics in between that looks different from either of the parents. This is likely because there is only one or two genes that control the Gold or Olive color. And that gene mix is pretty prevalent throughout the species population.

Like with people and eye color. When a parent has blue eyes and one has brown you don't get a muddy brown/blue eye color. You usually get brown but you could get blue.
Eye colour is a horrible example since it is cause by multiple genes rather than just one, so you could get a mix. Albinism is a better example.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Eye colour is a horrible example since it is cause by multiple genes rather than just one, so you could get a mix. Albinism is a better example.
Yes, it's cause by multiple genes. I am aware. You're focusing on the wrong part of the statement. You still don't get muddy blue eyes from mixing a blue and brown eyed person. You get one or the other. You don't get a pinkish green colored T from mixing a gold and olive. Yet mixing two people with different skin pigment amounts (one lighter and one darker) will give you offspring with a skin color that is usually not like either of the parents. It's usually somewhere in the middle. Which is why we don't mix a darker form of a species from one location with a lighter form of the same species from a different area. You get offspring that is not colored or looks like either of the parents.

Pick whichever trait you feel is appropriate. I'm not a geneticists, I don't even pretend to be one on the internet. :)

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Yes, it's cause by multiple genes. I am aware. You're focusing on the wrong part of the statement. You still don't get muddy blue eyes from mixing a blue and brown eyed person. You get one or the other. You don't get a pinkish green colored T from mixing a gold and olive. Yet mixing two people with different skin pigment amounts (one lighter and one darker) will give you offspring with a skin color that is usually not like either of the parents. It's usually somewhere in the middle. Which is why we don't mix a darker form of a species from one location with a lighter form of the same species from a different area. You get offspring that is not colored or looks like either of the parents.

Pick whichever trait you feel is appropriate. I'm not a geneticists, I don't even pretend to be one on the internet. :)
You can get muddied eyes of that colour even if the parents don't have the same coloured eye simply because so many genes play into its expression.
The differemce between the normal and gold compared to a light and dark T is that the gold colour form is controlled by one recessive gene while the light and dark is controlled by co-dominant genes. That's why a red and white rose will breed a pink one, where as an albino leopard gecko arrises when the it recieves two copies of the gene, either by both parents carrying it as a heterozygous trait, by both parents being albinos, or a mix of the two.