Breeding Loans and Double clutching

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is there any rules written down that govern standard 50/50 breeding loans and percentages when a female double clutches? Is it still 50/50 or some other percentage usually? I did not see any standard rules anywhere and was just wondering if there was or other peoples opinions.

Thanks,
mike

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
id imagine it would still be 50/50 but thats a good point to bring up.dont see that talked about in alot of breeding loans

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You wouldn't have that double-clutch without that someone else's male. It's a 50/50 split all the way.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You wouldn't have that double-clutch without that someone else's male. It's a 50/50 split all the way.
Exactly, the math doesn't change just because the slings come in installments.

If people don't see it discussed much, it's because A) it's uncommon except for certain species and B) it's still just 50/50.

It might be worth asking about is if the male owner feels as if they should kick in something towards the shipping of the second batch of slings since it's generally considered to be a 1:1 exchange. Myself, I'd just pony up the shipping to send the second batch to the male's owner given how many males get sent out for every one eggsac. In the end, it's not worth worrying about $20 if you've just netted yourself another few dozen to few hundred spiderlings with somebody else's male.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

That is fine. Those are the arrangements I already made with the owner of the male before I even asked this question here. I just wondered since I have seen other people do 50/50 and 75/25 on second sacs.

mike

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just wondered since I have seen other people do 50/50 and 75/25 on second sacs.
Is that 75% to the female owner or the male owner? I am curious as to the logic either way of these people. Considering how this is all on the honour system anyhow, making such favorable/unfavorable split agreements on second clutches seems odd to me. If you're going to be an ass, just do it and don't try and justify it to me. If you're going to be generous, there's no need to spell it out in an agreement.

Chip

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i would be interested in hearing the logic behind the second clutch being 25/75

one thing i thought of though... if the owner of the female seperates and provides containers for both the male's halfs then they could be out some money by the end. a total of 300 slings potted up might cost $75 or more... that is not inconsequential money to me anymore! not to mention taking ~10 hours... actually, aside from the fact that one huge brachy/lassie sac could have the female owner in the same situation i actually see some merit to a not straight 50/50

i would say whatever arrangements are made should be made BEFORE the male is sent... i can say with much assurance trying to figure out specifics after the fact can be sticky if both people aren't generous and open-minded (*sigh* and well informed about tarantula biology...)

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is that 75% to the female owner or the male owner? I am curious as to the logic either way of these people. Considering how this is all on the honour system anyhow, making such favorable/unfavorable split agreements on second clutches seems odd to me. If you're going to be an ass, just do it and don't try and justify it to me. If you're going to be generous, there's no need to spell it out in an agreement.

Chip
Chip,

It was 75% to the female on the second sac. The rational I was told was that there was a decrase of 1/2 each sac of what was sent to the owner of the male. (1/2, 1/4 and so on). It truly is an honor system and I would hope that in all cases either party can trust the other to do what is right and give them their fair share.

Personally when I send someone there slings from a 50/50 they are individualy packaged. So they don't have to go out and buy containers and rehouse all of them. I don't mind putting in the extra expense.

thanks,
mike

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess it really just boils down to what the other person is able to handle. A second clutch means lots more of mouths to feed, so it stands to reason that it is a matter of discussing what is best with person on the other end of the deal. And I can vouch, Goliath goes all out on prepackaging slings.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I guess it really just boils down to what the other person is able to handle. A second clutch means lots more of mouths to feed, so it stands to reason that it is a matter of discussing what is best with person on the other end of the deal. And I can vouch, Goliath goes all out on prepackaging slings.

Thanks for the compliment Bigboy. That is a really good point. Sometimes you or the other person does not have the room or resources to take care of them. Discussing the situation with the other party seems to be the best answer and going case by case basis.

Thanks,
mike