Breeding loan rules?

Popolo

Arachnopeon
What are typical loan agreements? I know most people do 50/50 for the slings. But what do most people do in the event she eats the male? I’m deploying next month and know my wife won’t be up to taking care of a whole bunch of slings. <edit> Thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I think you could just find someone who's interested and discuss this with them. Or you could just sell your mature male to a potential breeder.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What are typical loan agreements? I know most people do 50/50 for the slings. But what do most people do in the event she eats the male? I have a MM Hapalopus sp Columbia that I want to breed unfortunately I’m deploying next month and know my wife won’t be up to taking care of a whole bunch of slings. So I was thinking of making the agreement 60/40 or even 70/30 if they hold onto the slings while I’m gone. Honestly I’d just want like 10 slings out of it to raise up and keep any females for myself. Thank you all
You are much better off by selling your MM, than doing a breeding a loan. There's a lot of bad deals out there. In the decades doing this, I only trust about 5 people.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
You are much better off by selling your MM, than doing a breeding a loan. There's a lot of bad deals out there. In the decades doing this, I only trust about 5 people.
I'd probably agree with you. I've never actually done any breeding myself, but I've heard a lot of stories about people being scammed or ripped off. If you don't know who you're dealing with, then who knows what could happen.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
I trust @viper69 even though I'm not on his list. You say deploying and some of us know what that actually means. You need to sell them asap because your wife will likely let them die. Save up your hazard pay and grab a Mature pair when you get back. CS leads me to believe you are AF officer. You'll be fine. I think most people that have a pretty good standing on this site if willing would even harbor them for you for a modest fee. I speak for myself any no other members on this establishment.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd probably agree with you. I've never actually done any breeding myself, but I've heard a lot of stories about people being scammed or ripped off. If you don't know who you're dealing with, then who knows what could happen.
Even supposedly reputable people (it's a perception- they aren't actually reputable) have mysteriously had slings for sale, even though the prior person's male "didn't" do the deed. Yet quite quickly the person w/female had a sac :stop: :rolleyes: Many peple get ripped off.

I sell all males to avoid this issue.

Popolo

Arachnopeon
I trust @viper69 even though I'm not on his list. You say deploying and some of us know what that actually means. You need to sell them asap because your wife will likely let them die. Save up your hazard pay and grab a Mature pair when you get back. CS leads me to believe you are AF officer. You'll be fine. I think most people that have a pretty good standing on this site if willing would even harbor them for you for a modest fee. I speak for myself any no other members on this establishment.
Army enlisted. All my non slings I’m not worried about in her care. I have been teaching he and she has been doing the care the past month. I appreciate the offer tho

Liquifin

Arachnoking
People loan because they want slings in return, but loaning doesn't come free and there is more risks than rewards. If you hate taking high risks, you're better off selling your male.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tbh, it'd be less hassle to sell the male and then get some slings when you come back.

:mad: Why would you think that? I just don't get this at all. Was there something else in the post that I missed?
The original post was edited but basically the OP is in the military, will be shipping out at some point fairly soon, and doubts the missus will be up for looking after a bunch of slings.

Popolo

Arachnopeon
Tbh, it'd be less hassle to sell the male and then get some slings when you come back.

The original post was edited but basically the OP is in the military, will be shipping out at some point fairly soon, and doubts the missus will be up for looking after a bunch of slings.
Yeah I was asking about potential asking the person I do the loan with to keep the slings with them till I get back and they could keep more of them. (I am not advertising this T for a loan on this thread!!!)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
What are typical loan agreements? I know most people do 50/50 for the slings. But what do most people do in the event she eats the male? I’m deploying next month and know my wife won’t be up to taking care of a whole bunch of slings. <edit> Thank you all
The above is your original post (minus the information that we edited). We already informed you as to the reason why privately and it will NOT be discussed here publicly.

Yeah I was asking about potential asking the person I do the loan with to keep the slings with them till I get back and they could keep more of them. (I am not advertising this T for a loan on this thread!!!)
You have the potential to ask the person you do the loan with for anything you want. It's up to you and the person you are doing the breeding loan with to agree upon the terms. Terms of Loan have, at a minimum, 3 main points that should be covered:
  1. Shipping - Who's paying for shipping the Male? Who's paying for shipping any offspring?
  2. Split - How will the offspring be split?
  3. Disposition of Male - Do you want the male back? Do you want the male shipped to someone else? (need to figure out who would pay for that) Do you care if the male is consumed in the breeding process? (if so do you want any compensation)
Other than those 3 things, nothing is really typical and is at the discretion of the people involved. You want to do a 30/70 split, ask the person. You want to have the person hold onto your portion of slings, if there are any, until you get back from deployment, ask the person.

Please understand, sending out a male for a breeding loan is by no means a guarantee of success. There are multiple things that could result in zero offspring being produced.

Regards,
MrD

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, that's fair enough, I got that it was more of a "how it works" query rather than actually trying to advertise.

Popolo

Arachnopeon
Thank you for acknowledging that it was a question I really appreciate that. I’m still relatively new to keeping and almost clueless on breeding/loaning. I know in the end it’s up to me and the other person to figure out I was just wondering what I was thinking of is something that doesn’t happen or shouldn’t happen due to some reason I’m unaware of.

Yeah, that's fair enough, I got that it was more of a "how it works" query rather than actually trying to advertise.
Thank you! that was the point of my original post. I definitely feel I need to do a lot more research before I post my questions here.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you! that was the point of my original post. I definitely feel I need to do a lot more research before I post my questions here.
About 99% of the questions asked here have already been answered many times over. Do the research answers will be found ;)

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Ahhhhh OK thank you. That makes much more sense now! I was like, "Hey! I take good care of my husband's crap when he's deployed." :rofl: