breeding info, p. subfusca (lowland)

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
hi everyone:D
im looking for the best info on breeding the p. subfusca (lowland) i bought them from hamburg. i have read various breeding reports on this species but still cant find detailed info on season replication before, during and after pairing, what season is mating season, how long approximately an egg sac can be expected after mating and how to stimulate laying. also when and what temperature/humidity fluctuation to create as the gravid female goes through the seasons. sorry for so many questions lol i just want to ensure i dont end up getting it horribly wrong. any info would be awesome thanks again {D

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have much for info handy. I paired mine supervised out on the counter of my bathroom, fed like crazy for 2 months and she became gravid a month later, laid an egg sack a month after that, pulled on day 38 and had eggs with legs.

This is very much a cooler species. My temps were in the low 70's. I soaked the tank lightly a few times a day to simulate rain once she candled yellow. The rest she did on her own. I ended up with 31 2nd instar spiderlings.

The thing i'm waiting to see is if she double clutches for me. She hasn't molted, hasn't been paired and is gravid a second time right now.

Hope this helps a bit, but I don't monitor and simulate every speck of every season or I would have to quit my job to become a spider tank maintainer. :D

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
thanks for the replies everyone :) i paired them last night and there was no mating witnessed as the male did not move or approach the female and this continued until i fell asleep around 3am lol. I didnt want to interfere. I awoke this morning to find the male behing the female in her den but im not assuming anything just yet. I will just start the 'rain' if and when she becomes gravid. My female striata has stopped being receptive now and lunges at the male whenever i intro him. He has never got an insert before, even when she was receptive the first pairing and moved away and messed around but kept drumming all the time. I think she is just tired of him teasing lol. Realy hoping for the subfuscas to be a success.