breeding hints for C. cyaneopubescens?

JennS

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I just picked up a mature male for my female greenbottle. I have gotten this species to breed before, but never gotten one to drop an eggsac. Can anyone give me any advice, whether cooling, humidity, or anything is important in triggering an eggsac? I did some searching on AB but I didn't find any breeding accounts that mentioned preparation and ended in a successful sac.

Thanks!

Jennifer

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello,

I just picked up a mature male for my female greenbottle. I have gotten this species to breed before, but never gotten one to drop an eggsac. Can anyone give me any advice, whether cooling, humidity, or anything is important in triggering an eggsac? I did some searching on AB but I didn't find any breeding accounts that mentioned preparation and ended in a successful sac.

Thanks!

Jennifer
i would cool her down for a month or so..not drastically mind you. then bring the temp a few degrees up above what you would normally keep it at. leave the humidity alone. give her some water a a few good meals. toss in the male and cross your fingers and hope he doesnt get muched...which he probly will either before or after...lets hope for after! :D

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hear GBB are notoriously difficult to breed- I sent out a male a few months ago, he was put with 2 females, but all the attempts failed. Good luck!

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i would cool her down for a month or so..not drastically mind you. then bring the temp a few degrees up above what you would normally keep it at. leave the humidity alone. give her some water a a few good meals. toss in the male and cross your fingers and hope he doesnt get muched...which he probly will either before or after...lets hope for after! :D
Generally a cooling period is done after they mate or that how I have always done it. This species is known to be a male muncher. You can put both the male's and female's box inside a large box and leave the lids off of each spider's box (hope I'm making sense here). It will allow the male to approach the female on his own accord.
I dont know if they need a cooling period or not. I doubt if they would need it very long or very cool. I know of for sure 2 egg sacs that had no cooling period but like already said, this is a pretty difficult species to breed. My girl thinks boys are just another tastie meal. I have another male coming very soon and hopefully I can help with more definitive advice.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i imagine one of the difficultys breeding this species has to do with your timing.certain species breed at different times of the year so a cooling period a few weeks or so after the initial breeding would probaly help?if i were u id hunt down someone who has success with these and see if they can help ya

JennS

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies! I've gotten other females to breed before, but never to drop sacs. I've gone through quite a few males in the process. :D This girl has only been bred once and munched her boyfriend immediately. I've got the male in a deli in her cage, I'll see how she feels about him before I let him loose. I'll be giving him plenty of room to run away when the time comes!

Jennifer