Breeding H. chilensis

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone have experience breeding H. chilensis?

I got my first successful (hopefully) pairing last night. I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to keep the female to allow her to produce a viable egg sac and spiderlings.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Hope it was successful one, and also do hope to see your report here in the future.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does anyone have experience breeding H. chilensis?

I got my first successful (hopefully) pairing last night. I was hoping someone could give me advice on how to keep the female to allow her to produce a viable egg sac and spiderlings.
I’ll reach out to someone who has done it.

Sure could use a few sacs here in the USA

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I've heard these are tricky to breed. I'd be happy to buy some when they're ready

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've heard these are tricky to breed. I'd be happy to buy some when they're ready
I've heard the same from one of the first people to breed them in North America. Person told me for their size, the females tend to be fairly aggressive with the males, said "always keep something to separate them" said males are often lunch.

shaneshac

Arachnosquire
Looking forward to a successful breeding. Need some spiderlings available here in Europe too

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've heard the same from one of the first people to breed them in North America. Person told me for their size, the females tend to be fairly aggressive with the males, said "always keep something to separate them" said males are often lunch.
I had no problems with the pairing. She made no aggressive moves. I just need more info on care of the female.