Breeding grammostola pulchra

Darkness12

Arachnopeon
hello,everyone knows breeding g. pulchra is difficult.When i was reading the relatived thread,i still have some question.I hope someone could help me or give me any advice.

We all know breeding g. pulchra need a cool period(about 2.5 month).
After the gravid female laid down an egg sac,
My question is what temp is optimal hatch?

Someone told me the temperature should raise to over 83F...
Another one told me the temperature must can't over 65F
it is totally different way to hatch........

Anyone know which is the right temperature ?

Last edited:

Rhyce

Arachnopeon
After she lays the sac, keep humidity around 60% and temperature at about 80F - 83F

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
hello,everyone knows breeding g. pulchra is difficult.When i was reading the relatived thread,i still have some question.I hope someone could help me or give me any advice.

We all know breeding g. pulchra need a cool period(about 2.5 month).
After the gravid female laid down an egg sac,
My question is what temp is optimal hatch?

Someone told me the temperature should raise to over 83F...
Another one told me the temperature must can't over 65F
it is totally different way to hatch........

Anyone know which is the right temperature ?

There are many opinions on the pulchra and I have bred the species a few times. Provide a good hide, good ventilation,leave her alone, and let her do her job. I needed no "cool down" and simply kept her enclosure damp by wetting substrate frequently. My temperatures stayed from 78-81 the entire time.......best of luck and feel free to pm with any more questions.

Darkness12

Arachnopeon
There are many opinions on the pulchra and I have bred the species a few times. Provide a good hide, good ventilation,leave her alone, and let her do her job. I needed no "cool down" and simply kept her enclosure damp by wetting substrate frequently. My temperatures stayed from 78-81 the entire time.......best of luck and feel free to pm with any more questions.
Really thanks for your sharing!!!
It would really helpful.

wonderfvl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey,
I have an MM and two adult females (G.pulchra). I'm ready to breed them. Were your successes with breeding taking place at any particular time of year? and what type of frequency did you introduce them together? and at what time were you aware your female was gravid? Thanks!

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Hey,
I have an MM and two adult females (G.pulchra). I'm ready to breed them. Were your successes with breeding taking place at any particular time of year? and what type of frequency did you introduce them together? and at what time were you aware your female was gravid? Thanks!
Did not matter as when the female(s) were ready (Not to close to a molt and not right after, but well fed) they bred.

Introduced and once insertion looked evident would seperate for a few weeks and repeated 3-5 times.

It was evident after they swelled up, appetite became ferocious, and then bunkered in.

Best of luck and hope you have several babies. Feel free to Pm with any more questions.