Breeding g rosea tips/experiences/insight?

Case

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey all. Only a few days after my big g. rosea female molted, my male molted too.
This was his ultimate molt and he is now decked out with some huge tibial spurs.
Once they've had time to recover from their respective molts, and my male has made a sperm web, I'd love to make an attempt at breeding them. I understand it can be difficult to get an eggsac and even more difficult to successfully hatch one, but I'd like to give it a go if only as a learning experience.
So, I'd like to ask, aside from the usual stuff (I've got the Schultz book), has anyone got any pointers? Or even any stories about how it went on when you attempted to breed your rosies?
Another thing I'm wondering is, on the outside chance that I am successful, what the heck am I going to do with 50+ rosea slings? For those of you who have had success with breeding, have you had a hard time adopting out all of the slings? I'm figuring that selling them would probably be next to impossible, since you can buy an adult for $5 or $10.

Any tips/advice/stories would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Scott Case

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Case
Hey all. Only a few days after my big g. rosea female molted, my male molted too.
This was his ultimate molt and he is now decked out with some huge tibial spurs.
Once they've had time to recover from their respective molts, and my male has made a sperm web, I'd love to make an attempt at breeding them. I understand it can be difficult to get an eggsac and even more difficult to successfully hatch one, but I'd like to give it a go if only as a learning experience.
So, I'd like to ask, aside from the usual stuff (I've got the Schultz book), has anyone got any pointers? Or even any stories about how it went on when you attempted to breed your rosies?
Another thing I'm wondering is, on the outside chance that I am successful, what the heck am I going to do with 50+ rosea slings? For those of you who have had success with breeding, have you had a hard time adopting out all of the slings? I'm figuring that selling them would probably be next to impossible, since you can buy an adult for $5 or $10.

Scott,
Go for it dude. But your right, do it for the learning experience.
Cause the slings are tough to move. You can do trades, or try to sell them, but their only worth pennys at this time. 10 years from now when Chille is closed, their worth will go way up like B. smithi did when Mexico closed.
I have 100 slings now. Watering and feeding takes quite a bit of time. Dont get me wrong, I dont really mind doing it, but theres no money in it. In fact by the time I move them all, I be in the hole.
Its alot of work dude, but worth doing. IMO ;)

Ernie

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
More power to you Scott. I was just talking about this same topic with Atrax earlier today.

John
];')

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I just Recently bred my G. rosea's. It was definitly some expierance. I let my female and male go at it two times before I got a egg sac. Unfortunatly, she ate and killed two males Before she accepted this one. About 3 mounths after she mated i gat a egg sac. She took good care of it until about 65 days into it, then i found the sac in the coner of her tank, out of the burrow. I decided to take it out and cut it open , only to find 224 live babies.=D It was the most unbalieveable experiance. I have all the dates from the molts, to mating, to eggsac hatch documented. Feel free to email me for more details.