Breeding chaco golden knees

Articratnula

Arachnopeon
Howdy ho guys, I need some help. I just got a breeding set of chaco golden knees and before the warmer months come want to learn the basic steps of breeding this species. I have searched all over the web and the only thing about breeding them is on expert village but I don't trust them.

Can I leave the egg sack with the female, and how long does it need to be with her until it doesn't need to be turned anymore.

What would be the best kind of enclosure for the young spider lings as they grow for the first few weeks of their life.From out of the eggsack until they try to spread out.

P.S. this is my first breeding project.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
If you read in the Tarantula Keeper's guide, there's some basics in there.

Articratnula

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the link chris, that answers half of my problem. But I still need to know a few things and here they are.

How long does the eggsac need to be with the mom until the point the sac doesn't need to be turned or massaged anymore.

Or could i just split the sac open like ten days after the female makes it and lay the eggs in row without turning them with using the robc incubator method.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure but I think you leave the sac with the mom for at least 21 day then you put them in the Incubator. Once they turn into 2nd instar separate them because they will start eating each other.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Incubators is not nessecary since the mother knows how to do it. If you are new to this it is a lot easier to leave the sack.

Articratnula

Arachnopeon
Alrighty thanks again guys, I think I will leave the sac with the mother then take it out 21 days later give or take a few days so that the babies don't separate around their mamas cage.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alrighty thanks again guys, I think I will leave the sac with the mother then take it out 21 days later give or take a few days so that the babies don't separate around their mamas cage.
If you got the 21 days thing from me I wouldn't follow that until you here it from somone else. I just think that is what it is based on my memory.

Last edited:

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What is the problem if they are in the cage? They dont scatter all around. Just take the mother out and pick up the slings one by one.