Breeding A.seemanni

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Hello
First time I will attempt to breed one of my tarantula. Aphonopelma Seemanni beautiful girl.
Already got the male.
I saw the hooks,but my question is:
Is he mature already? He is small for me. My female is huge compared to him.
Female recently molted,fed.
I’m planning to do it on saturday.
Thanks for any help

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Hello
First time I will attempt to breed one of my tarantula. Aphonopelma Seemanni beautiful girl.
Already got the male.
I saw the hooks,but my question is:
Is he mature already? He is small for me. My female is huge compared to him.
Female recently molted,fed.
I’m planning to do it on saturday.
Thanks for any help
If the male has hooks and bulbs/emboli on his pedipalps, he is mature enough to mate. Males are often considerably smaller than the females when mature. Do you know if he's made a sperm web, though? Pairing them will be pointless if he hasn't yet...

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
If the male has hooks and bulbs/emboli on his pedipalps, he is mature enough to mate. Males are often considerably smaller than the females when mature. Do you know if he's made a sperm web, though? Pairing them will be pointless if he hasn't yet...
I know that they’re smaller,but was a little bit surprising at first so thought It might need another molt?
Not yet,I’m waiting for the sperm web.
Freshly molted,not bald abdomen,so I’m guessing it’s a virgin because never made a sperm web?
Yes it has hooks,so he’s fine? Only sperm web need?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I know that they’re smaller,but was a little bit surprising at first so thought It might need another molt?
Not yet,I’m waiting for the sperm web.
Freshly molted,not bald abdomen,so I’m guessing it’s a virgin because never made a sperm web?
Yes it has hooks,so he’s fine? Only sperm web need?
He does look very fresh, so I would guess that he's just recently matured. You just need to be sure he's made a sperm web prior to pairing. If you wait for him to molt again, you'll be waiting a LONG time - he likely won't molt again before he dies. That's why it's called their ultimate molt when they mature...

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
He does look very fresh, so I would guess that he's just recently matured. You just need to be sure he's made a sperm web prior to pairing. If you wait for him to molt again, you'll be waiting a LONG time - he likely won't molt again before he dies. That's why it's called their ultimate molt when they mature...
Yes! I was thinking the same!
Can’t wait for the spermweb.
I heard that fhey demolish the web after it’s done. I hope I’ll see him doing it. Any advice for the mating?:)

gregor

Arachnopeon
keep their enclousures close together, wait for a while, so you will be 100% that male has loaded his guns.
Then slowly intruduce male to female enclousure.
Female should be well fed.
Good luck

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
keep their enclousures close together, wait for a while, so you will be 100% that male has loaded his guns.
Then slowly intruduce male to female enclousure.
Female should be well fed.
Good luck
Thank you!! 😍

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
So,I tried to put them together.
Male drummed started walking but female didn’t response. It was a nightmare remove the male. It was constantly threat posing me and running away,fallen into females burrow and as quickly ran out followed by a very mad female. She didn’t hurt him ♥
It was hilarious.
I try again next time.
Any advices?:)

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
So,I tried to put them together.
Male drummed started walking but female didn’t response. It was a nightmare remove the male. It was constantly threat posing me and running away,fallen into females burrow and as quickly ran out followed by a very mad female. She didn’t hurt him ♥
It was hilarious.
I try again next time.
Any advices?:)
How long were they in together for? Never bred T's but from what I've heard they can sometimes take a while to get going.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
How long were they in together for? Never bred T's but from what I've heard they can sometimes take a while to get going.
I don’t know
Half an hour. Next time I’ll try it at late and darker. Maybe that was the problem.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I’ve tried everything
red light,warm room
male already made spermweb twice and they still don’t want to mate.
Instead they both threatposing me in different corners.
What am I doing wrong?