Breeder sent wrong T

Miteaben

Arachnopeon
If I've been sent the wrong T than I ordered, what should the protocol be?
Should I send it back? Request the other one be sent? Ask for a refund?

Just wondering what everyone's stance is. I'm a little sad because the T I received is not the one I ordered and I wanted a very specific species.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
If I've been sent the wrong T than I ordered, what should the protocol be?
Same thing I would do if I got the wrong t-shirt from Kohls. Contact the seller and ask them what you should do.

I feel for ya! I know how exciting it is to get that box and then the contents are not correct. Just happened to me a couple weeks ago. Mine was not a T, but still living. The seller made it right immediately and even better than expected.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Happened to me too. I ordered a B. albiceps sling and got a B. albopilosum sling. It took several months before you could tell, though. I did tell them and showed a photo, and they sent me what I had originally ordered.

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
Contact the vendor is a must...

BUT in regards to refund/return. If you wanted a T. albopilosum, but received a Brachypelma emilia. Would you really want to send it back or request a refund??? Either way I'd still let the vendor know what happened.

Miteaben

Arachnopeon
It was almost half a year before I contacted them, because I bought such small slings, I couldn't tell until they'd grown some. I had ordered two of the same kind, and it took a molt or two to notice they started to look very different. I contacted the vender, they told me they'd figure out how it happened and that was the last I had ever heard from them and it was months ago.

I don't know if I should bother them with a follow-up email, or even what to say.

I had ordered to L. Itabunae and received a B. cabocla as one of them. I'm even wondering if the other sling is an L. Itabunae now.

cold blood

Staff member
It was almost half a year before I contacted them, because I bought such small slings, I couldn't tell until they'd grown some. I had ordered two of the same kind, and it took a molt or two to notice they started to look very different. I contacted the vender, they told me they'd figure out how it happened and that was the last I had ever heard from them and it was months ago.

I don't know if I should bother them with a follow-up email, or even what to say.

I had ordered two L. Itabunae and received a B. cabocla as one of them. I'm even wondering if the other sling is an L. Itabunae now.
Well Lasiodora are a dime a dozen and dirt cheap...cabocla is far less common and more valuable.....I would be thrilled with the mix up to be honest. Its like buying 2 McDonalds hamburgers and getting one little burger and a nice filet in place of the other.