Breedage

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is there anything special about Rose hair Breeding, That differs from normal Breeding,Like their Habits and such,and how hard it is to get an eggsac...etc

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I am NOT the voice of experience on this one...but here is what is happening here.
I am attempting to breed a red morph male with a brown morph female.
I have noticed a few 'different' things about the process.
First, although the male has been busy making sperm webs, he NEVER drums, or acts at all interested in the female.
I mated them 3 times before I let them co-habitate (which, surprisingly, they are still doing).
Mating went like this:
they sat there, for approx 15 minutes each time, motionless, no drumming or any other discernable movement. All of a sudden, the male would RUSH over to the female and lift her up. She would cooperate, he would insert both palps, then stretch out as far as he could while still holding her fangs. Then he would let go and make a mad dash to safety. She would try to go after him, and the plastic spoon of justice would stop her ;)
Anyway, there was no equivalent of 'foreplay' with these two. I don't know if that is normal for G rosea, or just for this particular couple.
So far, no eggsac, and they are still cohabitating.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My experience is pretty similar to Holley's except that mine seem to just sit there forever (at least 30 minutes or more) before they mate.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My experience with rose hairs has been some what different... The male that I used with several different females always did the exact same thing... run striaght in, and go for inserts. This apparently worked for him as one of his January conquests has just recently made an eggsac (still keeping our fingers crossed with this one), and he's still alive and well.