BREAKING: Hundreds of Tarantulas Released on Passenger Airliner

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Reports are just coming in that a commercial airline flight traveling from Costa Rica to Chicago has been carrying hundreds of eight legged hitch hikers with it. Approximately one hour into the flight, passengers began witnessing tarantulas crawling about the cabin.

Upon closer inspection, it was discovered that well over 400 tarantulas had been on the plane since the beginning of the flight. Customs suspect the tarantulas were there due to an attempt to smuggle them into the United States so they could be sold in the pet trade. "The tarantula hobby is a lucrative one," Says one US customs officer. "These hobbyists will do anything to get their hands on a few big hairy spiders. It's like a drug to them. Tarantulas are the real addiction this country should be fighting."

Although there was initial unrest among the passengers, they have been advised to stay calm. A leading entomologist out of Iowa State University has informed the airline that tarantulas do not possess dangerous venom. Passengers are advised to stay in their seats and wait for any passing spiders to hide out in the dark crevices among luggage and under seats. No bites have been reported yet, though passengers are still not at ease. "I've had it with these goddamn spiders on this goddamn plane!" Commented one passenger.

To read the full story, see here

If you would like to know more about how situations like this are typically handled, I recommend this documentary.

Cheers!

Leila

Arachnobaron
You pranksters today....lol

I was about to type out an angry rebuttal to the whole quote about tarantulas being 'the real addiction we should be fighting.'
Haha.

You and @Moakmeister both got me today :rofl:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The sad thing is the first half of that story could be true, people would definitely react so stupidly.