brazilian salmon pink sling caught mid molt

Lolita

Arachnoknight
so i've always ever caught my T's pre or post molt never mid molt so the half hour or so spent watching this happen last night at 1:30 in the morning was definitely a wonderful sight so i took a quick pic and decided to share it since i thought it was pretty cool to see the vunerable little thing leaving it's old exo

Attachments

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Iv had 4 molts in the last week and missed everyone!! What a sight that would be . Well done :)

Lolita

Arachnoknight
yeah it was my first one caught on time it was amazing to watch i guess with 16 T's i finally got lucky enough to see it i do have a question how long does it take for them to fully harden after a molt? i'd like to feed them when they harden since molting makes them look hungry to me

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Congratulations. Give it several days, depending on size. Little slings seem to recover faster, I have one that stashes crickets away and eats the next day, but he's under 1.5". Larger ones need a week or more. No use risking damaging the spider if they haven't hardened up properly. Water is more important than food. They won't starve if they don't eat a few days after a molt.

Marga

Lolita

Arachnoknight
well spike the one pictured is about and inch and a half now like most of mine it's just a sling is there anything visually to look for to know it's hardened?

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
well spike the one pictured is about and inch and a half now like most of mine it's just a sling is there anything visually to look for to know it's hardened?
Well it might be hard to tell on a terrestrial sling, but when the fangs turn black they are ready to eat.