Brazilian salmon pink acquired as very overfed

k2power

Arachnoknight
I purchased a 3" legspan salmon pink birdeater Saturday off CL and it appears to be rather overfed. I know they are fast growing spiders that get large but its abdomen is 2-3X larger than its carapace. What suggestions do you have for its best care and return to normal dimensions. I have halted food but what intervals and amounts are suggested for its diet to correct the overfeeding. Any other ideas are welcome as for cage housing. It can't climb more than 4 inches so falls onto vermiculite won't be too much of a problem.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wait until it molts. Or feed it until it stops eating, then wait for the molt. You should be fine with the short height.

My LPs get huge before a moult, but molt out rather larger than they were.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Post a picture of it (not going to help anything) I just want to see a fat lp lol.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if it is that grossly out of proportion, just withold feeding and let it moult.

after the moult it should be at least a little bit more proportionally correct. i don't know about LPs as much seeing as mine is tiny, but even some of my way overfed brachys look practically "anorexic" after a moult.

k2power

Arachnoknight
The abdomen actually seems smaller in the photo but is still 2x larger than the carapace in it. No question it is too fat to me. How often do young salmon pinks molt (for regularly fed spiders)?

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That T is headed face first to buffet bar and then to a molt;P

Just offer food as you do your other T's, things will equal out when it molts.

PIG-

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Dont worry just as when you are getting fat and dont fit in your jeans any you buy new jeans just your T will molt out of its jeans

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's nothing to worry about unless there is a potential fall. They just get that fat. I've seen mine much larger in comparison, but they wish to keep eating. That's part of the fun of owning a LP!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks nice and healthy to me. like others said just keep feeding her on your normal schedule.

k2power

Arachnoknight
It will have to go one a week and ahalf fast while I have to go out of town for work. I don't think it will starve. Although like you mentioned it likes to eat although not as much as the Cameroon red.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It will have to go one a week and ahalf fast while I have to go out of town for work. I don't think it will starve. Although like you mentioned it likes to eat although not as much as the Cameroon red.
A week and a half is nothing for Ts, they can go months. You only need to feed it every week or two anyway.

k2power

Arachnoknight
It has been about 3 weeks or so since it last ate. No signs of the abdomen patch darkening although it is becoming more bald even though it has had little disturbance during the past 3 weeks. Temps are in the low 70s in its room with no supplemental heat. Humidity is likely fine. The 2 avics and the H gigas are eating with the H. gigas eating every chance it gets. The avics less so. Temps may be part of the problem but it started this fast when it was warmer. I believe a molt is coming but am uncertain as it now seems that the fast is becoming longer than anticipated for amolt with no abdomen darkening. What are your experiences with this species eating before molts and the time frame and abdomen darkening?