Brazilian red rump care

Spoodergirl

Arachnopeon
Mine still burrowed up until it's last moult and it's around 3.5-4" now.
It feeds like my G iheringi as in it's never full. You're right about growing faster than other Grammostola but the size thing is actually a mystery some say they get huge others say 5.5-6" max so who knows
I just ordered a 2.5" juvie from Palm Friction!! Can't wait to get it!! I have G. Pulchras and it looks quite similar as an adult.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just ordered a 2.5" juvie from Palm Friction!! Can't wait to get it!! I have G. Pulchras and it looks quite similar as an adult.
You're gonna love it they are an amazing species to keep. My sub adult female is always doing something and always hungry. In person they look more like G iheringi rather than a G pulchra because of the longer setae, they do lose the cherry red abdomen though as they get older they still retain some red though it's not as vivid and females look almost completely black at a glance but under the right lighting they have a sort of dull rusty red

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
You're gonna love it they are an amazing species to keep. My sub adult female is always doing something and always hungry.
I got a ~2” G. actaeon recently at an expo, and that’s how mine has been too. It seems to have settled in well and is using its hide but is still out doing something most of the time. And it’s already so plump but still accepting crickets and happy dancing them all over the enclosure. :D I’m really enjoying this T! Love the fuzziness and the red butt too..

Spoodergirl

Arachnopeon
You're gonna love it they are an amazing species to keep. My sub adult female is always doing something and always hungry. In person they look more like G iheringi rather than a G pulchra because of the longer setae, they do lose the cherry red abdomen though as they get older they still retain some red though it's not as vivid and females look almost completely black at a glance but under the right lighting they have a sort of dull rusty red
Thanks for all the info!!! I'm so excited! You don't see much info on this species, so I really appreciate you taking the time to fill me in!!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a ~2” G. actaeon recently at an expo, and that’s how mine has been too. It seems to have settled in well and is using its hide but is still out doing something most of the time. And it’s already so plump but still accepting crickets and happy dancing them all over the enclosure. :D I’m really enjoying this T! Love the fuzziness and the red butt too..
Mine never used an hide at any point and still doesn't. I did provide cork bark for her to burrow under but she just likes to walk around dragging it everywhere. If you haven't already got one try G iheringi they are just as amazing if not more so

Thanks for all the info!!! I'm so excited! You don't see much info on this species, so I really appreciate you taking the time to fill me in!!
You're welcome that's what we do here. If you are taking care of your G pulchra then this should be a breeze as they are pretty much kept the same way