Brazilian red rump care

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I a man interested on how to care for this species....I know it needs an average size enclosure but I'm not sure on the rest.

Is it comparable to the care for a a. Chalcodes and g. Rosea or does it have more specific care.

Is coco fiber ok?
Is overflowing the dish ok for the humidity?
Does it burrow?
Is it tropical....do I need to do anything for its substrate?

Would 73-86 degrees be a good temp for it(household temp through out the day and night)

Thank you!

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Coco fiber is ok for most everything I think. Also your temp is fine. Unfortunately i don't know enough about this species to answer anything else.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Put it through Google, apparently it is a G.actaeon....
@op, scientific names are preferred to avoid confusion, and they're written like this: A.chalcodes instead of a.Chalcodes.

boina

Lady of the mites
Oh, so we are talking about G. actaeon: They grow faster and do get bigger than A. chalcodes or a rosea. They also are a lot faster and have quite a bit of an attitude. Mine (3) don't burrow at all, but they web quite a bit, so they might like some anchor points for web. Otherwise, yes, keep dry, overflow dish and don't worry about temps.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Put it through Google, apparently it is a G.actaeon....
@op, scientific names are preferred to avoid confusion, and they're written like this: A.chalcodes instead of a.Chalcodes.
Just to reiterate, scientific names are preferred because common names are not unique.

I Googled and the first I found was the Mexican red rump, B vagans. That is a beginner's tarantula which is really easy to care for.

You have a T i have never heard of.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Just to reiterate, scientific names are preferred because common names are not unique.

I Googled and the first I found was the Mexican red rump, B vagans. That is a beginner's tarantula which is really easy to care for.

You have a T i have never heard of.
They are not very common, at least not on this side of the pond. It is a beautiful species, unfortunately they don't keep the nice red throughout their lives like G.iheringi does. (From what i read...not personal experience).
A more active Grammostola species from what I've gathered, but that is all I know really...

cold blood

Staff member
i think you're expecting a little too much. It's been less than a day; some people have lives which conflict with participating in online forums.
LMAO, yeah, but he's been here on AB on other threads since...as little as 29 minutes ago according to his profile....its not like he's not here.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, so we are talking about G. actaeon: They grow faster and do get bigger than A. chalcodes or a rosea. They also are a lot faster and have quite a bit of an attitude. Mine (3) don't burrow at all, but they web quite a bit, so they might like some anchor points for web. Otherwise, yes, keep dry, overflow dish and don't worry about temps.
Mine still burrowed up until it's last moult and it's around 3.5-4" now.
It feeds like my G iheringi as in it's never full. You're right about growing faster than other Grammostola but the size thing is actually a mystery some say they get huge others say 5.5-6" max so who knows

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
B. Vagans is known as Mexican red rump, I do not believe their natural range extends into Brazil.