Braplast containers.....extra ventilation required?

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody,
I've just bought some small braplast containers to house some slings and think they are really good value for money and well thought out with the hinged lid etc. really clear to view contents as well as being cheap. My only concern is whether there is enough ventilation as there are only a few holes around the top of the lid.
Anyone who uses these containers can maybe tell me if they are ok as is or do you put any more holes in them??
Any advice gratefully accepted, thanks in advance
Jacko.

Waski

Arachnopeon
Personally i would add couple more just for the sake of having some on the sides so that the air can pass throughout the container. Also, it depends what u mean by few. For some people it will be 3 for others 10. Picture will be the best option as people can hava a look and help u around. Yet, if it was me i would add some holes on the sides. In addition, the best method to make holes in my opiniom is red hot nail. It just go through the box like a knife in butter.

Best of luck.

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
Personally i would add couple more just for the sake of having some on the sides so that the air can pass throughout the container. Also, it depends what u mean by few. For some people it will be 3 for others 10. Picture will be the best option as people can hava a look and help u around. Yet, if it was me i would add some holes on the sides. In addition, the best method to make holes in my opiniom is red hot nail. It just go through the box like a knife in butter.

Best of luck.
Thanks @Waski will post a pic in the morning.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everybody,
I've just bought some small braplast containers to house some slings and think they are really good value for money and well thought out with the hinged lid etc. really clear to view contents as well as being cheap. My only concern is whether there is enough ventilation as there are only a few holes around the top of the lid.
Anyone who uses these containers can maybe tell me if they are ok as is or do you put any more holes in them??
Any advice gratefully accepted, thanks in advance
Jacko.
I use these all the time for juvenile to sub adult and unless you're keeping tropical species you definitely need to put quite a few more vents in them as they don't tend to suit arid species unless modified

Jacko65

Arachnopeon
I use these all the time for juvenile to sub adult and unless you're keeping tropical species you definitely need to put quite a few more vents in them as they don't tend to suit arid species unless modified
Thanks Johnny,
I've put several holes all around and more in the lid, no condensation now after putting substrate in (coco). Cant believe that more people don't use these containers, they are excellent. Thanks for your prompt reply.