Brand new Paccy owner

NerdFromtheAbyss

Arachnopeon
Sup I'm a new member here. Just bought my first ever Pacman frog. Just wanting to know how long can I expect it to be until it gets used to its new home.

He's a baby about an inch round. The pet store had him in a tiny little container that was kept plenty warm and moist. He was fed today so I don't need to feed him till tomorrow. Still he's quite stressed and huddled in the corner. The tank is 75 to 77 degrees and humidity is 80. I plopped a cricket in his face and he didn't even look at it. o_O

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
never kept pac men, but always wanted to. give it a day or two to settle and be careful not to overfeed. they eat like crazy.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
I'd probably give it a few days, that's really all you can do. I've never kept an amphibian and I have very limited experience with reptiles, but they get stressed easily from basically anything and won't eat. Sometimes it'll take just a day, sometimes a week or more. I caught a gecko off the wall fewer than 36 hours ago and it's already going for crickets.

It would be a good idea to double check that the temperature and humidity are correct, and avoid going near/disturbing the tank until the frog is all settled.

NerdFromtheAbyss

Arachnopeon
He hasn't eaten once yet. Even had a cricket hanging in his tank for two hours and the most he did was hop towards it then hide. I've been told the temperature is fine for it but I'm still cautious.

He's now huddling down in the coldest corner of the tank away from the heat may and heat light I use. Started making yawning motions as well but I don't see any shed...?