Brainstorm

Arachnethegreek

Arachnopeon
I just got hit with a brainstorm. We have some of the best authorities on tarantula care here on the boards, the schultz's, Ken the bug guy, tarcan of tarantulas Canada. And throughout the web there are "caresheets" for spiders that list either incorrect or misleading. Would it be possible to create a section that lists even just the basic requirements for a genus, like what families are obligate burrowers, what ones are arboreal, etc. Plus a general temperment listing; like pokies being greased lightning, or therphosa genus being notorious hair kickers. Just a thought to create another resource for newbs and veterans alike.

BlujayOnTheWing

Arachnopeon
That would be really cool :) With the incredible amount of knowledge and experience of everyone on these boards combined, that would be a really useful project. Probably fun, too, for those involved- and there'd be the whole check-and-balance of the entire community to keep track of incorrect info or to add different experiences for a more rounded, "whole" look at what keeping a particular genus/species is like. Thumbs up for this idea :Db

captmarga

Arachnobaron
That would be really cool :) With the incredible amount of knowledge and experience of everyone on these boards combined, that would be a really useful project. Probably fun, too, for those involved- and there'd be the whole check-and-balance of the entire community to keep track of incorrect info or to add different experiences for a more rounded, "whole" look at what keeping a particular genus/species is like. Thumbs up for this idea :Db
I think it's a great project. The sheets could be posted as PDFs (easy to do).

I think they should have:
Latin name, common name. Population estimate (common, unusual, rare, only in books...) Legspan as hatchling... as adult. How fast they normally grow (range). Temperament... AND EXCEPTIONS!

Cage setup... (arboreal, terrestrial, burrowing...)

And so on... I'll contribute anything I can!

Marga

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good idea, if they actually get utilized.

i mean, think about it, we already have this and how often do we have to post a link to the G. rosea sticky for newbies when it is right there?

seezilla

Arachnopeon
I am currently working on a project at http://sites.google.com/site/tarantuladb. I wanted a site that anyone can find the info they need easily. Its still a work in progress. But I hope one day it will be a resource everyone uses when they need info.
That's an awesome project! I was looking over your website a bit last night. I know it's still WIP, but :clap: I think it would be awesome to have a website that has everything. I was also thinking of making a hobby website, with information and pictures of my Ts... your website is gonna be awesome when it's finished. :D