Brachyplema albopilosum sling wont eat

Aryan Kalia

Arachnopeon
My Brachyplema albopilosum sling recently molted it wont come out of its hide and has barricaded it and wont eat
does anyone have any solution?

boina

Lady of the mites
You wrote in your other post it only molted Saturday -that's MUCH too early for it to start eating again, even if it's still small. Wait another week and STOP TRYING TO FEED IT!

Some slings eat earlier than that, depending on temperature and their size, but if it wants to eat it will come out of it's hide. DO NOT attempt to feed a sling that's only molted 3 days ago and is still barricaded in. That's not a good idea at all. Btw, how big is your sling?

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
If it just molted, that is too early to feed it. Just my opinion.
I did it on my albo when it was still a sling,i only waited 2 days actually. If it is still a sling,i dont think it'll take a lot of time for the skin to harden compared to that of the adults.

Either way,it all depends on the T anyway and how the keeper would act,if the T feeds,good.if not, the keeper should remove the feed and try another day.

Days, or even weeks of fasting/not eating is not a big problem. for a healthy tarantula

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I did it on my albo when it was still a sling,i only waited 2 days actually. If it is still a sling,i dont think it'll take a lot of time for the skin to harden compared to that of the adults.
It's soft fangs that present the problem. They need to be hard (black) before you feed. If you look and they are white or red, it's too early.

Last edited: