Brachypelma verdezi Info

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know anything about this species? I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm having a hard time trying to find info on them.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't had mine very long, but am keeping it like my other Brachys. No problems yet. Seems a bit more skittish than any of my others (emelia, smithi, boehmei, vagans), but eats well and had a good molt recently.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine's about 1", and it likes to burrow. Keep it like any other Brachy once it's bigger, and you'll do fine. :)

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I raised two females from one-forth inch (1/4"). I purchased them in 2000. They are easy to care for. Their growth rate is medium. They grew to 1-1/2" in the first year. I keep my Ts at 78-82 degrees Fah., and feed them regularly. Once they reached two inches, I placed them in their permanent enclosued, and keep the substrate bacically dry. Every other month I overflow the watering dish to moisten half of the substrate. They are now 6-1/2". They are docile and have never kicked urticating hair, nor displayed a threat pose. A very nice Brachy indeed. They also become nice and thick. B. verdezi spiderlings have recently popped up on the market. I have not seen them since 2004. I highly recommend this specie. You may view them on my website at mikebasictarantula.com

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info. I'm actually picking up some slings next weekend.

sja69

Arachnopeon
I have 5 tarantulas, all juveniles. A G. Pulchra, G. Pulchripes, C. Cyaneopubescens, B. Albopilosum, and B. Verdezi.
The B. Verdezi is about 3 inches and is the only one I would not handle. It both kicks hairs and shows threat displays
and will attack anything that moves (I would hate to be my long-handled tweezers!). If I put my fingers anywhere
near it I will get bitten for sure. I am certainly not looking forward to rehousing it when the time comes. I thought
that this animal would be fairly docile but I was wrong. It would appear that this species is generally docile but for
some reason this individual thinks it's a P. Mirinus. I'm hoping it will mellow when it reaches adulthood.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
First time I've heard about it, is a new T to the hobby?
Previously known as Brachypelma pallidum. Aaand, previously known as Aphonopelma pallidum... Common name: Mexican Rose Grey.
They're not big and flashy, but are extremely attractive. I adore mine! She comes closer than all of my other tarantulas to having a 'personality'.

sja69

Arachnopeon
I've just been watching Cocoa for the last 5 minutes and it's definately crazy.
It's been trying to devour it's water dish - literally wrestling with it and trying to dig it's fangs in.
The dish is only a plastic milk bottle lid, but surely by now it must realise that it's not food.
I'm definately keeping my fingers well away!

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
keep an eye on this website, it is about tarantula ( especially Brachypelma) in the wild.
B. verdezi is not on yet... but it can't be long!

www.mantid.nl

cheers

Eddy

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The one thing I know is that the guy this spider is named after (French author Jean-Michel Verdez) is a total metalhead
*horns!* and a very cool guy : )