Brachypelma Vagans...or something else?

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
So after several years of wanting one and having a wild T when I was younger I got a T. Although against wanting to get one from petco I truly felt sorry for the little guy, so I adopted it (too little to tell male or female yet). Munchie as I like to call my T I was told was a Brachypelma Vagans, however looking into it munchie looks more like a pinktoe. Any thoughts? Was curious.

20170205_095635.jpg FB_IMG_1486605125426.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
110% not a B. vagans :rofl: It's certainly an Avicularia species, no telling which one though.

Still a beginner species, so no harm no foul. Get it in a proper arboreal enclosure, though. Does anyone have the guide that @viper69 wrote? Or a link to it?

user 666

Arachnobaron
That looks like my pinktoe. And it looks like the photos of pinktoes I found online.

And on the other side, I can't find any images of a B vagans with those kind of footies.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That looks like my pinktoe. And it looks like the photos of pinktoes I found online.

And on the other side, I can't find any images of a B vagans with those kind of footies.
For reference, here's a B. vagans juvie:
IMG_0309.JPG

And here's an Avicularia sp. juvie:
_MG_0428.JPG

cold blood

Staff member
Yep, and based on what they typically sell, almost certainly A. avic.

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Another surefire way to tell if it's an avic... it will squirt poo on EVERYTHING! Including you so watch out.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys! Such amazing advice and much research to do on munchie the avic! Will be setting up a new tank for him/her (waiting for molt to find sex dont want to handle munchie much at all) and will post pictures once done. Thanks all!!