brachypelma vagans breeding questions

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok i have a adult female, and a male that is close to be mature...so i was wanting to prepare to mate them...my main question is if the vagans are good mothers? should i keep the sac in with her, or incubate it myself? and also how i should incubate it....thanks

VinceG

Arachnobaron
From what I've read, you should take out the eggsack after 5 weeks it was laid. Then put it in an incubator, just search up on the internet or use the ''search'' function, you'll find a lot of ways to make one. the incubation should last approximately 3 months.

Breeding B.Vagans is quite easy , although the female can sometime be aggresiev, so just keep an eye on them. Be prepared to have a lot of spiderlings if your breeding is successful!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i am looking up ways to make a incubator, whenever i use the search function on arachnoboards it always comes up with stuff that has nothing at all to do with what im searching for....

From what I've read, you should take out the eggsack after 5 weeks it was laid. Then put it in an incubator, just search up on the internet or use the ''search'' function, you'll find a lot of ways to make one. the incubation should last approximately 3 months.

Breeding B.Vagans is quite easy , although the female can sometime be aggresiev, so just keep an eye on them. Be prepared to have a lot of spiderlings if your breeding is successful!

VinceG

Arachnobaron
yeah i am looking up ways to make a incubator, whenever i use the search function on arachnoboards it always comes up with stuff that has nothing at all to do with what im searching for....
Go on youtube, there is a lot of video tutorial for incubators, tarantulaguy1976 has some really good one

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What are you using as keywords?
Which subforum(s) are you searching in?
Are you displaying your results as posts or threads?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i just go to the top of the page click search, then on the top line i type sac incubator, and leave it on show threads, i do this from the main arachnoboards page, and it really just comes up with alot of stuff like what you would see under new posts....any help with learning how to use the search function, ill appreciate..thanks

What are you using as keywords?
Which subforum(s) are you searching in?
Are you displaying your results as posts or threads?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are good mothers, but horribly ornery with males. I about pulled my hair out as the female I had ate male after male introduced to her. She was so quick there was nothing I could do about it. She would act as if she were wanting the male, tapping like crazy, etc., but then as soon as the male would approach her, it was all over very quickly. She was fattened up previous to the breeding too! I had terrible love/hate relationship with that girl! The others were easier to breed than she was.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah thatll be my luck too...mine is really crazy...im more afraid of her than i am my 7"ish LP...my B. vagans is always hungry...she'll take 2 full sized male dubias at once...

They are good mothers, but horribly ornery with males. I about pulled my hair out as the female I had ate male after male introduced to her. She was so quick there was nothing I could do about it. She would act as if she were wanting the male, tapping like crazy, etc., but then as soon as the male would approach her, it was all over very quickly. She was fattened up previous to the breeding too! I had terrible love/hate relationship with that girl! The others were easier to breed than she was.

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
No worries I'm sure xhexdx can clear that up for you he is a pro at the search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i just go to the top of the page click search, then on the top line i type sac incubator, and leave it on show threads, i do this from the main arachnoboards page, and it really just comes up with alot of stuff like what you would see under new posts....any help with learning how to use the search function, ill appreciate..thanks
Yeah. It's not like I put together a bunch of data in a reference thread or anything...I certainly don't have it in my signature.

Nope...I didn't write a tutorial on how to use the search, either. Definitely not in my signature. :rolleyes:

Ok, ok, I lied.

Alright, here it is:

There are two ways to access the search tool. From the main page, you can access it in the toolbar directly below your login information (top right corner) and across the length of the site, horizontally:

To access from a sub-forum, it is located below the page select quick-links, on the right:

With either method, click it, and it opens a text box to insert search criteria:

You can type the criteria and click 'Go', and that's that. If you would rather do a more advanced search, click the 'Advanced Search' link.

Advanced searching

Here's the advanced menu:

If you are already in a subforum, it will highlight it and only search through there. To change the forum you would like to search, just scroll and click the proper forum.

To select whether you want to search all posts or only titles, use the drop-down box just below the keyword(s) text box:

And finally, if you are searching for multiple words and would like them all to appear in your search results (as opposed to only one or two of the words appearing), be sure to put quotes (" ") around the words. For example, if you are searching for 'pine bark', you will get results with the word 'pine' only and 'bark' unless you put it in quotes ("pine bark").

I hope this is helpful to everyone.

--Joe

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i get your point...but my point is i can type in specific words, and get alot of stuff thats not even close, so whats the point? also in those breeding reports nobody goes into detail enough to know everything to do...some people say that they flooded, then some people say that they didnt, sooo what exactly does that mean? do i absolutely have to flood, or cool off? i mean i can read those reports all day long and im still going to have questions because i need them answered by people that have done what im questioning.

Yeah. It's not like I put together a bunch of data in a reference thread or anything...I certainly don't have it in my signature.

Nope...I didn't write a tutorial on how to use the search, either. Definitely not in my signature. :rolleyes:

Ok, ok, I lied.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So you're asking if you flood or not, and you have people in the breeding reports where some say they do, some say they don't.

Right.

So this means...

Some flood, some don't flood.

If the people who don't flood are still successful, then I guess you don't absolutely have to flood, right?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yes i completely understand you, but i just mean that if some use a certain temp, flooding, cooling, feeding, all that and then some use everything totally different, i just want to hear opinions on all of them, so i can judge which would be the best to use...its kinda the whole reason of having a forum...if we were supposed to never talk to anyone on here and just do nothing but search and search, than it might as well be called the arachnid encyclopedia

So you're asking if you flood or not, and you have people in the breeding reports where some say they do, some say they don't.

Right.

So this means...

Some flood, some don't flood.

If the people who don't flood are still successful, then I guess you don't absolutely have to flood, right?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's fine, but your original two questions (how to incubate, and whether you should leave the sac with mom or not) are both pretty basic and able to be answered without starting a new thread.

Even if 20 people leave the sac with mom, your female may decide to eat it. It's not exactly cut-and-dry.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yea i understand what you say....i just would rather have conversation with other members that have bred them than read alot of stuff that might not work, like you say its not exactly cut and dry..wouldnt a nicer start off answer be what you said about how even though it might work for 20 people,my female might decide to eat it? thats really all im looking for...experienced people like yourself with opinions on what to do...i recently watched RobC's how to make a incubator, so i am sorry that i didnt get to that before i posted the question....

That's fine, but your original two questions (how to incubate, and whether you should leave the sac with mom or not) are both pretty basic and able to be answered without starting a new thread.

Even if 20 people leave the sac with mom, your female may decide to eat it. It's not exactly cut-and-dry.