Brachypelma - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 1

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie

"Brachypelma emilia is one of Mexico's most beautiful tarantulas - but it is also the spider which is linked to violent death, madness, Comanche Indian raids, burnt out Mexican ranches, and the Royal Naval Survey ship H.M.S Herald - All of which gives the veteran tarantula collector Andrew Smith - a wonderful opportunity to unravel one of the great mysteries of arachnohistory. This five part - 95 minute documentary, features Brachypelma emilia, klaasi, hamorii, baumgarteni, Aphonopelma nayaritum and Bonnetina cyaneifemur. All of which were filmed on location north of the Rio Balsas."

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 2
PART 2 - Andrew Smith and his team attempt to mate Brachypelma emilia in the field, expose a female in her burrow and show you the first footage ever filmed of Aphonopelma nayaritum. All that and still time to kick around some info. that gives you some idea how the genus Brachypelma has evolved. ENJOY.
Part 2 of this 5 part - 95 minute documentary, features Brachypelma emilia and Aphonopelma nayaritum - all of which were filmed on location north of the Rio Balsas, Mexico.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma klaasi - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 3
Andrew Smith and his team search for B. klaasi and make an astounding discovery that challenges everything we know about the genus Brachypelma - and how we keep them in captivity. Pioneering research like this needs SUBSCRIBERS. What love does - it can only do with your SUPPORT. We need 200 more SUBSCRIBERS and loads of comments and likes.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma hamorii - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 4

Andrew Smith interviews Mexico's first tarantula breeder - Rodrigo Roco-Torres. You are going to be gobsmacked. Thousands of spiderlings. And then Andrew and his team set out in search of Brachypelma hamorii and discover a desecrated tarantula colony - stripped out by illegal collecting. But he finds them and then shows you how to separate hamorii from smithi using type site material. Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE - nobody does what we are doing. #lovetarantulas #brachypelmainthewild #tarantulasofmexico

u bada

Arachnopeon
Really great, thanks for directing us to these. Smith is a character and a half and his passion is remarkable. Seeing the habitat and hearing the history is invaluable. I should probably get a klassii like asap. LOL

and geez watching these vids you'd think these brachys are the friendliest, chillest, teddy bears of spiders ever!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma baumgarteni - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 5

Brachypelma baumgarteni is Andrew Smith's spider. He described it - and in this clip you share his joy in finding the spider - and his heartbreak on discovering that the type site has been stripped. Plus he interviews Mexican ranchers about the belief that a tarantula can kill a cow - and convinces them not to kill tarantulas.

ArachnoChino

Arachnopeon
Really need to get me a B. baumgarteni. I heard they grow pretty slow, even for Brachypelmas pace.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer

"Brachypelma emilia is one of Mexico's most beautiful tarantulas - but it is also the spider which is linked to violent death, madness, Comanche Indian raids, burnt out Mexican ranches, and the Royal Naval Survey ship H.M.S Herald - All of which gives the veteran tarantula collector Andrew Smith - a wonderful opportunity to unravel one of the great mysteries of arachnohistory. This five part - 95 minute documentary, features Brachypelma emilia, klaasi, hamorii, baumgarteni, Aphonopelma nayaritum and Bonnetina cyaneifemur. All of which were filmed on location north of the Rio Balsas."

Oh my god, i knew it!!! Andrew is a "handle" type of person!:angelic:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Really need to get me a B. baumgarteni. I heard they grow pretty slow, even for Brachypelmas pace.
I have a female and she has grown far more quickly than I anticipated. She went from 1/4" to 2" in a year.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma albiceps - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 6

Brachypelma - South of the Rio Balsas is the second documentary in our Mexican tarantula series. Part 6 begins with the life and times of the greatest tarantula collector of all time - H. H. SMITH. Think smithi. In the same doc we go in search of albiceps which in Apache folklore can reflect bolts of lightning off its golden carapace. Part 7 is Brachypelma smithi - the classic Mexican Red Knee. Part 8 - Brachypelma verdezi. Part 9 - Brachypelma boehmei that most beautiful of all Brachypelma and Part 10 is Brachypelma auratum, the gorgeous flame knee. 5 unique documentaries, narrated and written by a world expert and filmed on location.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Always wanted the 'old' B smithi - that 'traditional T' seen everywhere. I had a choice a few years ago, and somehow went for the gorgeous B emilia instead. No regrets, but a part of me still feels like I need a B smithi (hamouri? now?) just to be a relevant voice to the T community.
Oh well. My B emilia is a gorgeous gal, can't ever regret that purchase! But I guess I need to add whatever used to be called B smithi (hamouri?) now to my collection, I guess. lol

Thanks for sharing these videos! :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma albiceps and smithi - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 7
Part 7 - and we are out there in the field, in Mexico, finding both albiceps and smithi. Once again Andrew Smith reveals a knowledge base that not only makes you a more informed keeper but also increases your understanding of the history of the hobby. Support us by SUBSCRIBING. We are the only tarantula natural history production company out there - and we need you on board if we are to be a success.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma verdezi - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 8

PART 8 - lasts just twelve minutes and in it we show you not only unique location footage of Red Knee/Smithi variations but we also film Brachypelma verdezi at the same site H. H. Smith found his specimen 130 years ago. The ending of this clip will shock you to your very marrow - as we reveal how H.H came to a nasty sticky end. Don't just watch - SUBSCRIBE. Only lovetarantulas is out there doing what we are doing.
#lovetarantulas #brachypelmainthewild #tarantulasofmexico

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma 2: boehmei - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 4
PART 4 - and 18 minutes of the most gorgeous orange tarantula in Mexico and some say the world - Brachypelma boehmei. Only lovetarantulas takes you out there in the field and shows you footage of a spider that has never been filmed before. With love - you really get to know about the spiders that you have in your collection.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Brachypelma 2: auratum - Tarantulas of Mexico Part 5
Part 5 - the last part of Brachypelma 2 and we do not end with a whimper. In this one you get the Flame Knee - Brachypelma auratum. What a way to end the most important tarantula doc ever made - and next year we will be back with a brand new tarantula series. Plus in January 2020 - you will be able to buy the double dvd Brachypelma boxset with loads of extras not screened on youtube.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
These videos are really cool! Thanks for sharing the links as they never come up in my youtube recommendations. Which is weird because my recommendation list is at least half filled with T vids!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
These videos are really cool! Thanks for sharing the links as they never come up in my youtube recommendations. Which is weird because my recommendation list is at least half filled with T vids!
This is the last one of the series, unfortunately. I am glad so many people enjoyed them.