Brachypelma sp. "Loma Bonita", questions.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
So, today I saw a pic of specimen named Brachypelma sp. "Loma Bonita".

Made a quick research and found out "Loma Bonita" locale is in Oaxaca - Mexico.

In some pics it looked like a red rump with a golden carapace and in others, it looks like a T. verdezi with golden carapace.

Anyone ever seen this specimens before? Is it safe to say they belong to Tliltocatl, or even Sericopelma, genera; instead of Brachypelma?

Imo, they are beautiful, just have these doubts out of curiosity.

I can't share pictures since I saw it on Google and Instagram, and don't know the photographers to ask permission for.

Thanks y'all. :)

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
You can always provide a link to the images you were looking at.

Generally, it is never safe to say any tarantula belongs to a particular genus without keying it out yourself or having someone provide images or other details to support their claim for a generic placement.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
T. schroederi's, and parts of verdezi's and kahlenbergi's, ranges are within Oaxaca. Looking at a map, I see that Loma Bonita is at a very northern tip of Oaxaca, within the kahlenbergi range.
It's hard to know whether this is a different species than those mentioned above, or just a slight color variation. Whatever the case, it looks nice! Thanks for pointing it out 👍

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
You can always provide a link to the images you were looking at.

Generally, it is never safe to say any tarantula belongs to a particular genus without keying it out yourself or having someone provide images or other details to support their claim for a generic placement.
Here are the links:
http://instagr.am/p/CDbyeGjMnG8/

And yes, I know its hard to confirm its id only by pictures, just wanted to share it here to see if others heard about them too.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member