Brachypelma smithi: Formerly Known annitha

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DSC_0948.JPG DSC_0966.JPG DSC_0972.JPG DSC_0979.JPG Brachypelma smithi/formerly annitha: Mexico Import arrival June 12, 2017

The only immature male that was imported out of Mexico with the rest of the females. How did I get so lucky? This male molted early this morning and he's 6.25". I also had a female that molted she's the same size as the male, waiting on another female that is about to molt as well. The male did not mature which I'm happy about, like to see him molt one more time before he matures since I just received him on Tuesday.
I now have a good breeding group going with this species.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Very beautiful T Jose! you might want to edit your 1st post. Under the picture you put the import date as 2016 later saying you only got him on Tues?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachypelma smithi - Female _ "Mexico Import"
DSC_0058.JPG
Brachypelma smithi - Immature Male _ "Mexico Import"
Brachypelma smithi - Immature Male.JPG
Brachypelma smithi - Female _ "European Import"
Brachypelma smithi - Female.JPG Two of these specimens immature male and adult female were exported out of "Mexico", the other specimen is a captive born female and exported out of "Europe".

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Reminds me of the one Martin has on his site. Great pictures as always mi amigo, and always appreciate the ones on the Mexicans in particular.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
If I could take pix this gorgeous -- I change my career to photographer.
Those colours just "pop" -- I cannot get that look with my best flashlight (and certainly not with my potato camera).

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
4F5BFD7F-A2D4-432B-AACC-B7494E39CBBC.jpeg Well it’s time to take the crickets out of my Brachypelma smithi male’s enclosure. He’s 6.25” inches as of now. I’m kind of hoping he’ll mature this next molt. I have a few females that molted within the last two weeks or so.
Wouldn’t surprise me though that he’ll take his time to mature. If he doesn’t than I have another year to wait. Last time he molted was in June 2017 as you can see on my original post.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BTW for those who/was/we’re recently in my inner circle will never have this male for any type of mating/breeding.

Don’t bother asking!