Brachypelma Smithi abdomen injury???? HELP PLEASE!

Hyeniik

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am a begginer tarantula keeper and about a week back I´ve gotten my first tarantula, brachypelma smithi. She was healthy when I bought her and is eating. I noticed today that she has this weird clump on her abdome hair, but I think she got some poop stuck in her hair, becuase there was this white liquid on ehr coconut husk she uses as a hide. However, after that I checked her abdomen again and found this scary looking ...i don´t know how to call it, spot?? On her abdomen. Is she in a pre-molt? Is it some kind of injury or illnes? Please help, I am worried about her, I love her and it would be the death of me if she died.

Attachments

boina

Lady of the mites
It looks like she just started to scratch off some urticating hairs. Sometimes when the spider scratches the hairs don't fly off but stick as a little white clump to the abdomen. It's really nothing to worry about :).

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Agreed! New World tarantulas will often kick their hairs off and leave a bald patch. Not an injury.... looks normal to me:)

They also start losing hairs when they come close to molting. So that may be another reason.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hello! I am a begginer tarantula keeper and about a week back I´ve gotten my first tarantula, brachypelma smithi. She was healthy when I bought her and is eating. I noticed today that she has this weird clump on her abdome hair, but I think she got some poop stuck in her hair, becuase there was this white liquid on ehr coconut husk she uses as a hide. However, after that I checked her abdomen again and found this scary looking ...i don´t know how to call it, spot?? On her abdomen. Is she in a pre-molt? Is it some kind of injury or illnes? Please help, I am worried about her, I love her and it would be the death of me if she died.
I agree with the other posters in this thread, your spider looks fine to me.

Post a few images of your enclosure, in case anything needs to be addressed with it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is normal. NW Ts frequently generate clumps of what looks like dust on their abdomen. It is clumps of urticating setae.

Arnel Pahuriray

Arachnopeon
the spider using her back leg to rub some of skin like hair and flick some her and try not to handle the spider to much, and when she molt its back to normal and do not use any brach that you pick out side, or anything, plant.?