Brachypelma pallidum AKA Rose Grey status

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bought a Rose Grey the other day and found some info that they may be Aphonopelma pallidum now or re-named ot another Brachypelma. Anyone have any info on this?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought I read somewhere that it was changed to Aphonopelma pallidum. You might do some searching on that. Sorry but that's all I've got for ya.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was researching this species about a month ago and I think it went from Brachypelma pallidum to Aphonopelma pallidum and now it is Brachypelma verdezi. I am not absolutely positive about that but I think that is what I got out of the searching I did. It is pretty confusing and it seems not too many of the sites I visited really know what it should be called. If anyone else knows for sure, I would be interested in knowing as well.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was researching this species about a month ago and I think it went from Brachypelma pallidum to Aphonopelma pallidum and now it is Brachypelma verdezi. I am not absolutely positive about that but I think that is what I got out of the searching I did. It is pretty confusing and it seems not too many of the sites I visited really know what it should be called. If anyone else knows for sure, I would be interested in knowing as well.

Same thing i found out, I found it as Brachypelma verdezi being the former and Aphonopelma pallidum and it seems some others have it the other way around..confusing...:?

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bought one myself, recently. :) From a reputable UK shop (The Spider Shop, dot co dot uk). The info there was that Brachypelma verdezi is a larger, distinct species from Aphonopelma pallidum.

It's beyond me to tell the difference, though. But in an initial google, no less than Robert Gale Breen The Third mentions that A. pallidum isn't in the pet trade anyway (at the time of writing), which might make things easier.

Last edited:

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Vermis, You absolutely right about it.
Aphonopelma pallidum was never in hobby and the spider named in hobby as "Brachypelma pallidum" (in fact was undescribed Brachy these days) never have the same in common with the real Aphonopelma (Brachypelma) pallidum sensu F. O. P.-Cambridge, 1897.
So these one are the same described under the name B. verdezi.
Look also here: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru/en/evolution/Theraphosinae/Brachypelma