Brachypelma klaasi

Roger Hutton

Arachnopeon
Hello i am currently looking into gathering all information i can get my hands on about the Brachypelma Klaasi (mexican pink tarantula) and also was wondering if there is anywhere in canada that has them. I am wanting to get one as my first tarantula because they are the most beautiful tarantula out there in my oppinion and i would love to have one as a companion. If anyone can help with info sources or a place to get one that be greatly appreciated

Attachments

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Dawn(Tangled in webs) has some 3'' F's for $150
^^^^^^ I recommend you do this if your budget permits because prices for slings are fairly high.

I believe care for the klaasi can be similar to B. smithi and B. emilia. In the wild they have a few months of high rainfall, but most of the year is very low to no rainfall conditions.

You give slings some moisture in the substrate. My slings are only 1/2" size. I bought one and got one as a freebie. I don't believe either has burrowed as slings but both did cover up the hide entrance soon after settling in the enclosure. They don't seem skittish at all compared to some slings, but I suspect this can vary with them.

Once they reach about 1.5" DLS they will want a lot less moisture so you start to shift to dry substrate with full water dish always available.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are gorgeous, one of the largest Brachy's too. That's an incredible for a female of that size!

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
At least for my 2 slings. Growth rate is extremely slow. 8 month and still haven't molted in my care.