Brachypelma Growth Rate (B. vagens, B. hamori, & B. emilia)

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
This is my experience with the growth rate for the B. emilia, the B. hamori, and B. vagens.

I acquired the B. emilia and the B. hamori in June 2016 on the same day. I acquired the B. vagens in July of 2016, about 3 weeks after the other two.

The emilia was .5 inches, the hamori was .75 inches, and the vagens was. 25 inches.

I have kept them all in the same environment with the same feeding routine.

All three are confirmed by molt female.

At about a year later: the last molt of the hamori measured just shy of 2", the last molt of the emilia measured 2.5", and the last molt of the vagens measured 2.75."

Just thought I would share.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. May as well do mine, too. B. vagans is the fastest growing Brachy I've kept, and one of the fastest growing NW terrestrials I've owned. I'll only list the size of when I got it compared to now.

1.0 B. hamorii:
0.5" September 2016
2" June 2017

0.1 B. hamorii:
1" December 2016
2" June 2017

2.0 B. vagans (sac mates):
0.25" January 2016
3" April 2017 (matured)

0.1 B. vagans:
0.25" January 2016
3.5" June 2017

I've kept many more B. vagans, but those are the ones I still have. I didn't bother listing the rest of the growth rates simple because they're nearly all identical.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
B. hamorii are quite slow growers, but once they reach the 2" mark they seem to catch up with other Brachy, sp. This is my experience with B. hamorii, mines reached a relaxed 5" as a MM, then obviously never grew any more. Hope this helps...most Brachypelma sp. have slow to medium growth rate.[EDIT] Never had a B. vagans so I can't comment on their growth rate.

Last edited: