Brachypelma emillia being darker

shinbaozi

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone !!! I have one Brachypelma emillia but after molted her colors being darker...is that other form ????
Thanks!!!

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Freshly molted Ts have more pronounced colors... including black. Don’t think there’s Officially more than one form of those, but I could mistaken.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
She molted 7 days ago :( that why i need help...
It's very difficult to help without pictures. Maybe it's the normal deepening in colour after a moult, maybe it's not even a B. emilia... how are we supposed to help without a picture? ;)
Even better, show us pictures of before and after her moult. :)

shinbaozi

Arachnopeon
This is after she moulted?
Well, her colours are indeed a bit subdued, they're normally more orange, but there's certainly nothing wrong with her. Maybe it's just the lighting. Did you use a flash for that picture?
No i don’t use flash for my picture. I have already posted the picture of my friend. You can see it’s really fresh

Thekla

Arachnoprince
No i don’t use flash for my picture. I have already posted the picture of my friend. You can see it’s really fresh
Okay, but maybe your friend used a flash. It's very interesting how much brighter and colourful things appear when a flash is used. ;)

Anyway, there's definitely nothing wrong with your B. emilia (which she clearly is). But I'm actually not sure whether slight colour variations could be possible with this species.
Maybe some more experienced users could chime in... @Vanessa @The Grym Reaper @cold blood @Ungoliant

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Even within individual species you can have a significant range of shades/colors. Also changes as they mature

shinbaozi

Arachnopeon
Okay, but maybe your friend used a flash. It's very interesting how much brighter and colourful things appear when a flash is used. ;)

Anyway, there's definitely nothing wrong with your B. emilia (which she clearly is). But I'm actually not sure whether slight colour variations could be possible with this species.
Maybe some more experienced users could chime in... @Vanessa @The Grym Reaper @cold blood @Ungoliant
thank you for help :)

Even within individual species you can have a significant range of shades/colors. Also changes as they mature
I hope so bro ^^ thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
As you can see her colors is not fresh
I have seen darker emilias like yours before.

Anyway, there's definitely nothing wrong with your B. emilia (which she clearly is). But I'm actually not sure whether slight colour variations could be possible with this species.Maybe some more experienced users could chime in... @Vanessa @The Grym Reaper @cold blood @Ungoliant
I don't think there are discrete color morphs, but as with any tarantula, colors may vary somewhat depending on age, proximity to molting, and individual factors.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have three female Brachypelma emilia - 28 years old, 12 years old, and 6 years old - and all three of them look slightly different. Your emilia looks completely normal. As mentioned, they do change as they mature and it can be significant.
Where they are in their moult cycle, camera settings and even how your monitor is calibrated, can play a significant role in how colour and markings look once they're uploaded onto your computer.
Also, animals are not carbon copies of each other. While a species might share certain colours and markings, they are not ever going to be identical. Slight differences in colours and markings does not automatically mean that they are different morphs, locales, or are a hybrid.
My oldest girl - freshly moulted.
DSC05920-1.jpg
Middle girl - freshly moulted.
DSC05121-1.jpg
Youngest girl.
DSC00167-2.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My AF emilia looks different than others.

Emilia is a great species. They don’t all have exactly the same color intensity, just like people don’t. Do you have the same color intensity as your neighbor? Yet you both are the same species.

I’ve never heard of any color morphs for emilia.

shinbaozi

Arachnopeon
i like the darker look! You've got a beautiful T
Yeah thank you :D she look so great

I have three female Brachypelma emilia - 28 years old, 12 years old, and 6 years old - and all three of them look slightly different. Your emilia looks completely normal. As mentioned, they do change as they mature and it can be significant.
Where they are in their moult cycle, camera settings and even how your monitor is calibrated, can play a significant role in how colour and markings look once they're uploaded onto your computer.
Also, animals are not carbon copies of each other. While a species might share certain colours and markings, they are not ever going to be identical. Slight differences in colours and markings does not automatically mean that they are different morphs, locales, or are a hybrid.
My oldest girl - freshly moulted.
View attachment 351401
Middle girl - freshly moulted.
View attachment 351402
Youngest girl.
View attachment 351403
Wow look your B.emillia...they so beautiful and thank you help me understand abou them ^^

My AF emilia looks different than others.

Emilia is a great species. They don’t all have exactly the same color intensity, just like people don’t. Do you have the same color intensity as your neighbor? Yet you both are the same species.

I’ve never heard of any color morphs for emilia.
This is the 1st time i know that...thank you so much ^^

Last edited by a moderator: