• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Brachypelma emilia

senor ocho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yep, no BS, Brachypelma emilia bit me. Twice, actually. HOW did it happen you ask? Well y'all, pull up a chair and I'll tell yuh.
It was at the Daytona Reptile Expo Aug 20, Saturday. A customer was interested in seeing some 1.5" full color B. emilia juveniles. I obliged, and picked up the first one I saw. It was unusually jumpy from the onset; alternating between a panicky sprint and a desperate hop on to my left hand. I coerced it back on to my right hand, and continued to digress on how awesome a species B. emilia is, and how they rarely get pissy. Well, mid-sentence I feel two pin pricks in the area of my palm just below the thumb. I glance down to see the spider raise up and bite again. I thought to myself "The little bas---d just bit me!" :confused: The customer was none the wiser, as I never let on that there were some thumb snacks going on. :clap: I put the cute furry creature away and picked up another without further incident. 5 minutes later the area in my palm began to itch, and continued to itch for 10 minutes.
So, no damage done, but I just had to share my astoundingly retarded experience. And people wonder why I don't keep HOT snakes....well there's the friggin answer!
-chris
www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com

CitizensOfTheWomb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes my B. emilia bit me about 10 minutes ago.He is just over 2in. I was gently herding into his new enclosure with my hand (Yes I know it was stupid,completely my fault) and the little sucker turned around and tagged my middle finger.So far no swelling or redness.No pain at all.My finger moves fine but I do feel a slight numb feeling.Really minor, on a scale of 1-10 it is a 3.
I will update in a hour.

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 08:32 PM ----------

30 min after the bite I had slight swelling which has since gone away.No redness,pain or irritation.