• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Brachypelma boehmei

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bought a fresh MM from Tarantulas.com at a local show on 11/18/07. I waited till a sperm web was thought to have been made then paired my 6.5" female whom had molted in early August. The pairing took place on 10/24/07. There were two other pairings that also took place with this female last pairing was 11/20/07.

Lighting- bright.

Breeding conducted in the early evening.

Temps- upper 70’s low 80’s.

MM was introduced to the far side of the tank opposite of the female. Once he made it to the ground he froze and did not move. He stayed like that for over an hour. But once he did start walking he also began drumming and twitching. The female turned toward the MM slowly showing no aggression so I let the MM continue walking to the female. Once he reached her she leaned back and bared her fangs. The MM took a few moments trying to lock up but once he was set he took his time and used the coconut as leverage obtaining 5 good inserts using both palps alternately. A clean break was made with no assistance from me and the MM walked out of the females tank right back into his tank.

Female has eaten all she would take and is now in cool down. She will migrate back to the T room where she will be warmed to the high 70’s - low 80’s. Flooding will then take place along with more offerings of food and I will cross my fingers for another sac. Updates will follow when there are results. Here is one picture of the pairing.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unsuccessful

Wow weighing in at 6" she molted last in Aug, and turned around and flipped over tonight going about 4 months between molts. But I have the MM coming back to me so this time I will know for sure when she has molted and hopefully we get better results!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After molting on the 4th, and eating on the 16th of Jan, the MM returned to me and has bred with the female again on the 18th. Now that I know the exact last molt date this hopefully will go better the second time around. The female will breed as many times as I can get the little man to pair with her before he passes.

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
2/22/09 pairing

Got an MM from rosenkrieger, and introduced them today. He was a little leary but she was very receptive. The pairing last for about 10 minutes.
Here's a few pics.

Hope fully it will end with lots of babies!!

Thanks,
GK

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. boehmei. Success.

Female: Br_bo_7

Female's most recent molt: 18-Dec-09

Male: On loan from Adam and Kenzie (Username Kenzie)

Male's most recent molt: Unknown.

Total number of pairings: 1

Date of pairing: 1-Jan-10

Eggsac found: 21-Feb-10

Eggsac Pulled: 20-Mar-10

Eggs with legs: When Pulled

1st Instar molt: 30-Mar-10

2nd instar molt: 9-May-10 to 20-May-10

Total spiderlings: 649

Still more to separate!