Brachypelma boehmei not eating?

Spiderguy1992

Arachnopeon
Last night she finally molted! I would take a picture but I’m not disturbing her for a bit. Hoping the twitching leg will be gone and she won’t fast for another 6 months. If she does though at least I know she’ll be fine. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Spiderguy1992

Arachnopeon
Another little update. About a week after she molted, I attempted to feed her a cricket, which she grabbed immediately, however after a couple minutes she let it go. The cricket didn’t die which surprised me. A few days later I attempted to feed again and she has zero interest. I’ll give her a couple weeks and hopefully by then she will be hungry. She does have fresh water at all times, and I made sure the fangs were black before attempting feeding.

Spiderguy1992

Arachnopeon
Almost a month since her moult and she still has zero interest in food. I’ve tried mealworms, super worms and crickets and still nothing. Alive or dead, no matter how long I leave them she has no interest. I am starting to get concerned that there is something wrong with her. The fasting before was one thing, her abdomen was plump so I figured she would be okay for a while but where she just moulted I’m not sure how long she can go without eating. I guess all I can do is wait and see though. Her fangs are intact and everything seems normal otherwise. I’m not sure how to tell if her sucking stomach is intact though. 23959DC8-8F8F-4144-A7BF-7A399422E9B0.jpeg

Almost a month since her moult and she still has zero interest in food. I’ve tried mealworms, super worms and crickets and still nothing. Alive or dead, no matter how long I leave them she has no interest. I am starting to get concerned that there is something wrong with her. The fasting before was one thing, her abdomen was plump so I figured she would be okay for a while but where she just moulted I’m not sure how long she can go without eating. I guess all I can do is wait and see though. Her fangs are intact and everything seems normal otherwise. I’m not sure how to tell if her sucking stomach is intact though. 23959DC8-8F8F-4144-A7BF-7A399422E9B0.jpeg
Disregard that last post, she just took a cricket:)

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Almost a month since her moult and she still has zero interest in food. I’ve tried mealworms, super worms and crickets and still nothing. Alive or dead, no matter how long I leave them she has no interest. I am starting to get concerned that there is something wrong with her. The fasting before was one thing, her abdomen was plump so I figured she would be okay for a while but where she just moulted I’m not sure how long she can go without eating. I guess all I can do is wait and see though. Her fangs are intact and everything seems normal otherwise. I’m not sure how to tell if her sucking stomach is intact though. View attachment 348571
I would just wait 1-2 weeks and try feeding her again. Keep water dish full and repeat every 1-2 weeks.

Spiderguy1992

Arachnopeon
Just wondering if the twitching stopped after her moult. Cheers!
Yes she seems to have stopped the leg twitching but has started drumming. 😂. She also only ate a few times before going on a hunger strike again. Oh well I guess she’s just a lazy eater.