Brachypelma Boehmei Hybrid?

NeutralSpirits

Arachnopeon
I just wanted a little confirmation on whether or not this gal is 100% boehmei. I keep seeing posts and threads about how most boehmei's that people get their hands on in the states are hybrids. Sorry for the poor photo quality. If necessary I could take a couple more photos. IMAG0290.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
B. boehmei are in the same boat as B. vagans and B. albopilosum. They've been in the hobby for so long that they're both inbred and crossbred. @Exoskeleton Invertebrates may have more information on B. boehmei specifically, I believe he has a true specimen.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
It looks full boehmei to me as well. From my personal experience and from reading what other members here have said about their hybrids, as long as you didn't buy it at Petco you should be okay

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have only seen 1 or 2 hybridised over here. Each one I have owned has been True boehmei and looks like this.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In all seriousness, when I read "most of the X are hybrids", what scientific data do people have to support the word "MOST" ? Are there some, sure, but most?

Paiige

Arachnobaron
In all seriousness, when I read "most of the X are hybrids", what scientific data do people have to support the word "MOST" ? Are there some, sure, but most?
I'm interested in this too. At this point (possibly due to my locality), I've seen more hybrids than either of the pure species...