Brachypelma auratum

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_4956.JPG IMG_4954.JPG IMG_4950.JPG IMG_4951.JPG IMG_4955.JPG One of the classic tarantulas available in the hobby. I remember when the late Bryant Capiz introduced me to this species for the first time back in the 90's it was love at first site.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Taken in sunlight mi amigo? All of your images all have the same familiar look. Natural looking colors, but very vibrant at the same time. I'd be curious to know your gear and photographic setup, ie lighting.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Taken in sunlight mi amigo? All of your images all have the same familiar look. Natural looking colors, but very vibrant at the same time. I'd be curious to know your gear and photographic setup, ie lighting.
Direct sunlight = hard shadows. There are no shadows to speak of here. It's some kind of soft light...could be sunlight with a cloth diffuser in the way, an overcast day, or flash with a diffusing mod.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Direct sunlight = hard shadows. There are no shadows to speak of here. It's some kind of soft light...could be sunlight with a cloth diffuser in the way, an overcast day, or flash with a diffusing mod.
Correct, with a diffuser is still sunlight ;) Regardless, his images always pop like that, so I THINK, could be wrong, he's doing something that no one else is. His images are generally pretty consistent.

@Exoskeleton Invertebrates How are you shooting these Ts lately?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Half Direct Sunlight and No Sunlight Shaded
IMG_4971.JPG
Boxes
IMG_4972.JPG IMG_4973.JPG
Half Dry And Half Wet Substrate
IMG_4974.JPG
Outdoor Natural Lighting With A Little Mist of Water On The Substrate
IMG_4674.JPG
Indoor Lighting The Substrate Is Wet.
IMG_4676.JPG
Miniature Gravel Dry Substrate
IMG_4970.JPG
Regular Wet Dirt Substrate
IMG_4975.JPG @viper69 and @nicodimus22 sorry for the late reply. My photos are taken in a shaded area no direct sunlight, I don't use a tripod cause is a bit complicated when I need to get in different positions or distance, so I use two boxes. The type of substrate makes a difference when it's wet or dry or the type of substrate you use when taking the photo, the color of the tarantula will be a little different. Also indoor photos will make a difference as well, I personally do not like indoor photos.
My camera is a Nikon I don't do nothing special with the settings, I have it on automatic and take the picture. No I don't photo shop my photos.

Last edited:

TheGhostOfAkina

Arachnopeon
Wow, some really good photos. Its nice to see some true pictures without any heavy editing or any at all for that matter

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, some really good photos. Its nice to see some true pictures without any heavy editing or any at all for that matter
Thanks you. You'll be surprised if people would take the time to do something similar like I have their photos would be taken really nice even with an iPhone. IPhones or any other devices with ok camera lense would be fine.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
You'll be surprised if people would take the time to do something similar like I have their photos would be taken really nice even with an iPhone. IPhones or any other devices with ok camera lense would be fine.
Agreed. Lighting and composition are far more important than the quality of the camera used. You can take a very nice photo with an iphone if you understand this, and a terrible photo with the best camera in the world if you don't.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Gorgeous photos of gorgeous spiders. B. auratum has been on my "want" list forever. But I have a lead on a 5" pair now so... maybe... but I did just buy a $500 snake so I should like.. not spend more money.... but.... but... WANT :hungry:

CJW

Arachnopeon
These make amazing desktop wallpapers! Got any more?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Those orange knees are almost unreal! Love this species!

SpiderQueen666

Arachnopeon