Species Brachypelma auratum

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful guy! Though I think it's in the spider's best interests that he find a mate. Whether that be you loaning him out, or buying a female. I think people who dont want to give their males up are being selfish. But that's my opinion. Will you be finding him a mate?

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would be willing to spend quite a bit to be able to find a female, but that is almost impossible here in Malta. Which is why I was disappointed when he molted. I doubt wether I'd be able to find him a mate, wether it is to buy or to send him to.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got to tell you...this is quickly becoming my favorite spider. Beautiful, contrasting colors and as docile as can be.

Just like a B. smithi, only much more beautiful.

Who else loves this species?

Seriously...if I could own only one species, this would probably be it.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seriously...if I could own only one species
Well I'm here to tell you that you can have just one species and do not be afraid to give me all your other T's.{D

B. auratum is a very nice species indeed, I wish I owned one......

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I think I need one. Are they big hair flickers? My B. smithi and B. emilia almost never flick.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man that is one nice looking spider! I really do like the contrast in colors.:clap:

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think I need one. Are they big hair flickers? My B. smithi and B. emilia almost never flick.
They flick hair at first when startled but, then once they "realize" (just a theory not fact) that your not a threat to them. They usually let you coax them onto your hand.

This is a skittish species so patience and respect is a must. Very hardy species too.

Brian

AGTrauger

Arachnopeon
Agreed

The 1st T I got was a B.auratum (I only have 2 T's but just ordered another) because I thought it was the prettiest. Also I heard they rarely flick and are easily handleable :clap: This is my baby approx 1-week post molt and is now approx 2" {D

Last edited: