Brachypelma Albopilosum spiderling spot on abdomen changing colors?

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
IMG_0150.JPG 682E1262-7DEF-4C5B-A47B-62FC36226070-3320-0000035A9E280725.jpg i noticed when i went to give my spiderling water, that the spot on its abdomen changed to a darker color overnight, rather than being a cream color like yesterday ? i do not know if this is related to molting, but it did not eat the cricket i put in there like it usually does. i am worried as this is my first spiderling and i have to take it on an 8 hour drive tomorrow.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
You're t has entered the late stage of premolt, the dark color change on the bald patch that you see is the new urticating setae developing, I would hold out and remove any feeders you have in they're so that your specimen may molt successfully.

Last edited:

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
You're t has entered the late stage of premolt, the bald patch you see is the new urticating setae developing, I would hold out and remove any feeders you have in they're so that your specimen may molt successfully.
thank you so much! this little guy has been making my head spin with worry since day one. i will try and hold off the trip. :embarrassed:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It has skin cancer. I've seen that quite often in Ts. Sometimes I exaggerate too :p

Estein

Arachnoknight
I know how you feel--at first, everything seems like something to worry about! Before long you'll be able to easily recognize the signs of premolt so you can get excited and impatient like the rest of us ;)

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know how you feel--at first, everything seems like something to worry about! Before long you'll be able to easily recognize the signs of premolt so you can get excited and impatient like the rest of us ;)
And then you get a 2" B. albiceps and after 4 months of looking like it's about to pop, you just give up.

Estein

Arachnoknight
And then you get a 2" B. albiceps and after 4 months of looking like it's about to pop, you just give up.
Then you fall into existential despair. Is this ever going to happen? Do I really know the signs premolt? Is this a metaphor for the unknowability of the future? Are tarantulas even real??

dopamine

Arachnobaron
My B. Albo sling molted recently too. Didn't gain any noticable size lol.