Brachypelma albopilosum spiderling ICU? Please help

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
I've had this spiderling for less than two weeks and it is my first Brachypelma Albopilosum and my first spiderling. Today while checking up on it i noticed it looked very sluggish and wobbly. I quickly looked it up and came to the conclusion it is dehydrated. My first instinct is to put it in ICU but im wondering if it will do more harm than good. I've never had to put any of my Ts in ICU, and i am very worried.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I've had this spiderling for less than two weeks and it is my first Brachypelma Albopilosum and my first spiderling. Today while checking up on it i noticed it looked very sluggish and wobbly. I quickly looked it up and came to the conclusion it is dehydrated. My first instinct is to put it in ICU but im wondering if it will do more harm than good. I've never had to put any of my Ts in ICU, and i am very worried.
Give it water. Preferably in a water bottle cap. For good measure drip water around the dish too. Don't worry, it can't drown. If dehydration is the problem, and if it can still crawl around, it'll find the water. Pics are invaluable.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
if its sluggish, it may just be in premolt and needs to be left alone with water.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Could just be pre-molt.. Pics of the T in the enclosure will answer alot of question that we have when trying to figure out what's going on with your sling..

If it is dehydration BobBarley's advice is very good...

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
You posted about it possibly being premolt while I was typing the same thing.. Do you even Call of Duty bro.. Ninja defuse??? Lol
i knew what it meant but didnt get why you were saying it. lol i understand now

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
You posted about it possibly being premolt while I was typing the same thing.. Do you even Call of Duty bro.. Ninja defuse??? Lol
i knew what it meant but didnt get why you were saying it. lol i understand now
I was attacked earlier for being a kid, yet you have no idea what a ninja diffuse is, nor do you play Call of Duty... Immature adults.

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
I've played one of the "shooting games" before (I just sorta lump them all together), and I didn't like it lol. I felt very stupid being shot dead every 3 seconds.:rofl:

Anyway, this thread is getting off track, any update @TarantulaTonic ?
i gave it water and it is doing so much better. i put it in ICU for a few hours and it is back to climbing and being alert. i think i will downgrade to a smaller enclosure, as the one it came in is way too big and i think moisture is leaving faster at a rate that is hard for me to keep up with. thank you for the good suggestions, i was so worried about killing my first spiderling :embarrassed: also ive been trying to upload a picture but the file is too big so i am working on that

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
genji copy.jpg there we are, it is still very small (sorry the picture is grainy, i unfortunately do not have a macro lens)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
i gave it water and it is doing so much better. i put it in ICU for a few hours and it is back to climbing and being alert. i think i will downgrade to a smaller enclosure, as the one it came in is way too big and i think moisture is leaving faster at a rate that is hard for me to keep up with. thank you for the good suggestions, i was so worried about killing my first spiderling :embarrassed: also ive been trying to upload a picture but the file is too big so i am working on that
Awesome, next time though, don't put it in the ICU, many times putting a dry species like that into an enclosure with almost 100% humidity does more harm than good.

Also, it needs some food.;)

TarantulaTonic

Arachnopeon
Awesome, next time though, don't put it in the ICU, many times putting a dry species like that into an enclosure with almost 100% humidity does more harm than good.

Also, it needs some food.;)
thank you for the help! it seems like all my T knowledge flew out the window while dealing with this little bugger, i will have to put more thought into it next time i decide to buy a sling :p

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
thank you for the help! it seems like all my T knowledge flew out the window while dealing with this little bugger, i will have to put more thought into it next time i decide to buy a sling :p
Do more research on this forum! There's a wealth of info on here.

cold blood

Staff member
First, as a sling it should be kept on damp substrate, or at least partially damp substrate. Also if the enclosure has the room, it should also have a water dish (like the cap from a water bottle) and something to hide/burrow under.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pictures please

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It is a bit skinny, how often do you feed? Pics of enclosure would help.