Brachypelma albopilosum sling hasn't molted

Frothybubbles

Arachnopeon
Lol,this hobby will teach you patience or give you anxiety so sit back and learn and enjoy.
Like I said I'm new and I've only had the sling for 3 weeks and it hasn't eaten for the majority of it. So I guess I'm learning patience 😃

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
I just wish it would molt or eat.... You know, just do something lol. This truly is a hobby of waiting
dont worry as others have said it will do so on its own time all you can do is wait haha we have all been there at one time or otheri have a b smithii that last molted sept 2019 and last ate this past december

Frothybubbles

Arachnopeon
I'm so used to cats that eat every day on a schedule... Having something that eats when it wants is disconcerting. I suppose I'll learn patience

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I suggest you watch this series by Tom Moran (there are multiple)

Btw your sling is tliltocatl albopilosus

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas run fast when they're scared or hungry, but do everything else in the slowest slow motion.
My A.chalcodes is only 1", will only accept food a few times a year, and has only molted twice in 2 and a half years. I've learned to stop anticipating a molt- because sometimes it looks like premolt, and then you die of old age while waiting for said molt.

Frothybubbles

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas run fast when they're scared or hungry, but do everything else in the slowest slow motion.
My A.chalcodes is only 1", will only accept food a few times a year, and has only molted twice in 2 and a half years. I've learned to stop anticipating a molt- because sometimes it looks like premolt, and then you die of old age while waiting for said molt.
Good to know, I keep asking it to molt every night but it never does

That enclosure seems pretty big for that sling.
It's just a Tupperware container, does the size of the container hinder the growth?

Frothybubbles

Arachnopeon
Only from the standpoint that it may be harder for them to find food. Crickets have more space to run and hide.
I've been feeding it Horn worms and meal worms. No crickets because they eat eachother and can cause bacteria if not kept properly. When feeding, it gives the defensive position and turns away from the worms. I've tried killing a couple worms and putting it in there and the T just moved them to the side out of it's way

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
I've been feeding it Horn worms and meal worms. No crickets because they eat eachother and can cause bacteria if not kept properly. When feeding, it gives the defensive position and turns away from the worms. I've tried killing a couple worms and putting it in there and the T just moved them to the side out of it's way
Perhaps the prey is too big. Have you tried cutting the meal worm up and offering a smaller piece?

Frothybubbles

Arachnopeon
Perhaps the prey is too big. Have you tried cutting the meal worm up and offering a smaller piece?
I have only given smaller worms, the feed provider is very amazing and has only given me baby worms. But I can try to give half a worm and see what happens

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I've only had my Brachypelma albopilosumsling for about 3 weeks.
After three months, then after three years, your patience will be much improved.

It's still alive but I'm worried about it.
I have one young tarantula that is much smaller than your current one, went for about a year without eating, yes.

Just enjoy your slow ride, and observe.