Brachypelma albopilosum sex ?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is a female 100% . Looks like a nice big girl to. I have a male if you are interested in breeding.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Female, would have to be since its that big. Didn't know you had a mature male too, Ryan.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep I had two, one died for no reason (old age is my guess)
And I have a second one that is alive and well maybe month and a half mature making sperm webs like crazy.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Albopilosum as with most brachys are easy to sex ventral.........
Even with that blurry picture you would be able to see the dense patch of hair above the epigastric furrow. At around 2" you can see that patch with ease.
And second Albo males never get that bulky ever. They top out around 4.5 and are skinny scrawny little guys both before the maturing molt and after.
I dont rely on the body type to sex though, with this one the ventral was enough.

Derrick

Arachnopeon
I am also wondering how you can tell from that blurry pic?? I have an albopilosum that I need to sex. I still have the last exuvia but I want to know how to sex larger ones from sight. Is it possible to sex them by the hairs of the epigastric furrow? Is it the size that makes you confident? Are the males noticably more slender even before maturing molt?

Icey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yep that's definitely a big ole girl, males are not so plump in the abdomen and of course longer legs

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Albopilosum as with most brachys are easy to sex ventral.........
Even with that blurry picture you would be able to see the dense patch of hair above the epigastric furrow. At around 2" you can see that patch with ease.
And second Albo males never get that bulky ever. They top out around 4.5 and are skinny scrawny little guys both before the maturing molt and after.
I dont rely on the body type to sex though, with this one the ventral was enough.
I would have not said 100% but you are right on this one. Males just do not get that big, or the dozen or so that I have had did not.