brachypelma albopilosum or grammastola pulchripes?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Both ;)

Seriously, both species are good beginner species. What size are you looking at?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Can't go wrong with either. The pulchripes will get a little larger. If you really like the appearance of one over the other, go for that one. Or get both.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not that big but I'd be getting it as a sling.
Then it is even easier, just get both :).
How severe is your fear of spiders? I'm asking because if you can't stand to be around spiders, taking care of a sling becomes difficult ;)

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Then it is even easier, just get both :).
How severe is your fear of spiders? I'm asking because if you can't stand to be around spiders, taking care of a sling becomes difficult ;)
I just don't like house spiders because of the way they look and how fast they are. I like t's because they are slow.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Flip a coin. I would ever so slightly pick my b albo, but my 2 Pulchripes are fantastic. All three have very similar eating habits and behavior in general.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
The two you are deciding between are pretty mellow but there are some that are really fast

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Flip a coin. I would ever so slightly pick my b albo, but my 2 Pulchripes are fantastic. All three have very similar eating habits and behavior in general.
i can only flip a coin if my parents agree to a t. but i'm leaning to the b albo

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I have a G pulchrips and it so mellow doesn't get bothered by me filling his water dish or when I have to do maintenance awesome Ts

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I wish you the best of luck with your parents hope it works out there awesome pets

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think it is better if you read up on tarantula or Theraphosidae, before getting an actual spider. Though they don't require as much attention and care as say, hamsters, they do need specific care and housing. Below links can help you get started. I also think the chance of your parents allowing you one increases if you do the proper research and show that you are prepared to such a commitment. Many Theraphosidae get to live a decade or longer. Do you think you will still like your T when you are 23? Or 33 even?
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/beginner-info-read-before-posting.153508/

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/quick-reference-guide-to-answer-common-questions.145454/

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
I think it is better if you read up on tarantula or Theraphosidae, before getting an actual spider. Though they don't require as much attention and care as say, hamsters, they do need specific care and housing. Below links can help you get started. I also think the chance of your parents allowing you one increases if you do the proper research and show that you are prepared to such a commitment. Many Theraphosidae get to live a decade or longer. Do you think you will still like your T when you are 23? Or 33 even?
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/beginner-info-read-before-posting.153508/

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/quick-reference-guide-to-answer-common-questions.145454/
You're right on the research. After bombarding them with an email, fact and care sheet they have said this; "If you do well in physio tomorrow we will look at the price and talk with the guy."

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Ah, I didn't realize you were the poster of the other thread. It is best to keep new info in the same thread, it makes it easier to follow, and prevents double advice. ;)